Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Zero chance of that happening. 

Yet you all keep biting.

18 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Aberdeen are a very oddly run club right now, McInnes was holding things together and he's left a big void and they seem to have just replaced that with a few buzzwords and don't really know how to run things. Cormack seems a tad obsessed with making big statements and branding which is great but it's been to the detriment of the football side (e.g. appointing an unqualified manager who pledged “fast, attacking football”). It's like his decision making is to impress people and 'excite' rather than actually get the basics there. Personally think when boards start pledging on what style of play a manager is going to play etc, it wrecks everything.

It's probably lucrative and too big an opportunity for someone like Goodwin to actually turn down but I genuinely think that the next manager could be a disaster appointment depending on how board have them operate.

🤣🤣

If the media and the rumours are to believed the frontrunners are:

The recently sacked manager of Bradford City

The recently sacked manager of Hibernian, and before that, the sacked manager of Sunderland

The manager of the team currently lying 6th in the Scottish Premiership and a whopping three points in front of ourselves

I just don't see how any of these candidates are going to galvanise the club and the support. I always think Aberdeen are at its best when the supporters start believing. I'm struggling to envision a scenario where any of these three create a situation in the short-term where the fans start believing and things start to snowball.

I would say that I'll back the new manager all the way whoever it is but I'll more than likely just distract myself with anything other than Aberdeen if results and performances don't start improving quickly.

This has all the hallmarks of an Alex Miller type appointment (if there is any foundation to the speculation).

Edited by Bogbrush1903

Goldbridge must have at least 25 seasons of Premier League experience on career mode? Pressure of playing in front of thousands too. Won't get many applicants with stronger CVs than that. No brainer to get him in if he's interested. 

Doesn’t have the balls to see through those big games though #bottlebridge

3 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

The recently sacked manager of Hibernian, and before that, the sacked manager of Sunderland

The manager of the team currently lying 6th in the Scottish Premiership and a whopping three points in front of ourselves

I just don't see how any of these candidates are going to galvanise the club and the support. I always think Aberdeen are at its best when the supporters start believing. I'm struggling to envision a scenario where any of these three create a situation in the short-term where the fans start believing and things start to snowball.

I would say that I'll back the new manager all the way whoever it is but I'll more than likely just distract myself with anything other than Aberdeen if results and performances don't start improving quickly.

This has all the hallmarks of an Alex Miller type appointment (if there is any foundation to the speculation).

Folk were raging at mcinnes being appointed because it was so uninspiring.

A year later 43,000 were at parkhead for the cup final. 

If the new man delivers, folk will believe. 

Managers come and go, Goodwin was struggling in the league and we've had the longest non-winning run in the league this season but now seemingly is the best manager out there - funny how things go! Personally, I'd be more concerned if it was Hearts or Hibs than Aberdeen where he'd have to relocate his family to.

I'm intrigued at some of the things Jack Ross is being criticised for like signing Gogic- the same Gogic that Goodwin loaned from Hibs and has been excellent for us! Equally I'm not sure you can hold Ross's time at Sunderland against him- he's probably done as well as anyone else who followed.

24 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Folk were raging at mcinnes being appointed because it was so uninspiring.

A year later 43,000 were at parkhead for the cup final. 

If the new man delivers, folk will believe. 

Again though you can't compare the beginning of the McInnes era without considering the environment he was operating in.

Without wishing to belittle that Scottish League Cup triumph, and you can only beat who is put in front of you, however, Sevco lost to Forfar, Celtic lost to Morton, Hearts beat Hibs but then lost to Inverness in semis. A path was cleared that we still need to take advantage of but it wasn't a cup triumph that we necessarily needed to perform at our best to win, as penalty wins against Alloa and ICT proved. 

I'd always be disappointed if those results happened and our main rivals crashed out early and we failed to win the Cup.

I just fear that the new man is coming into much tougher environment and without being left the attacking armory that McInnes inherited in both peak Hayes and McGinn.

I think he's going to need to get off to a fairly decent start to convince many supporters including myself. A more imaginative appointment would might get longer to develop his team and have the supporters being more patient as we saw under Skovdahl (although that wasn't a success either).

The McInnes reign gained momentum from the cup run and win as our rivals fell by the wayside, that kind of momentum booster would be much harder to achieve presently.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

17 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

If the media and the rumours to believed the frontrunners are:

This has all the hallmarks of an Alex Miller type appointment.

Mcinnes was hardly greeted with excitement or the expectations of galvanising our supporters but he did. Win games and any the above mentioned will get great backing . Warming to Goodwin big time but be surprised if we pull it off this window , regards recently sacked managers .was that nae Mcinnes  before he arrived.  All managers get sacked unless your the greatest even then they get punted . All above have had some success .  All quite  able to turn our season around .   

ps  But no fucking way would I want Derek Adams

Edited by logie skid boys

10 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Again though you can't look at the beginning of the McInnes era without considering the environment he was operating in.

Without wishing to belittle that Scottish League Cup triumph, and you can only beat who is put in front of you, however, Sevco lost to Forfar, Celtic lost to Morton, Hearts beat Hibs but then lost to Inverness in semis. A path was cleared that we still need to take advantage of but it wasn't a cup triumph that we necessarily needed to perform at our best to win, as penalty wins against Alloa and ICT proved. 

I'd always be disappointed if those results happened and our main rivals crashed out early and we failed to win the Cup.

I just fear that the new man is coming into much tougher environment and without being left the attacking armory that McInnes inherited in both peak Hayes and McGinn.

I think he's going to need to get off to a fairly decent start to convince many supporters including myself. A more imaginative appointment would get longer to develop his team.

The McInnes reign gained momentum from the cup run and win as our rivals fell by the wayside, that kind of momentum booster would be much harder to achieve presently.

This is all kind of irrelevant to the point though. Nobody was excited by appointing mcinnes and he became one of, if not the most significant in recent history.

If the general point is that we can’t gain momentum now some teams are in the league that weren’t in it in 2014 then tbh some dons fans just have to stop being such cowardly shitebags and embrace the challenge. 

30 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

:o

17 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Get this boy in, MacCormark.

Aliou Cissé - the rise of Senegal's World Cup coach - BBC News

:thumsup2

12 minutes ago, logie skid boys said:

Mcinnes was hardly greeted with excitement or the expectations of galvanising our supporters but he did. Win games and any the above mentioned will get great backing . Warming to Goodwin big time but be surprised if we pull it off this window , regards recently sacked managers .was that nae Mcinnes  before he arrived.  All managers get sacked unless your the greatest even then they get punted . All above have had some success .  All quite  able to turn our season around .   

ps  But no fucking way would I want Derek Adams

But he was preceded by 10 years of shite, nearly anything would be an improvement. This new man will have been preceded by only 12 months of shite.

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Scott Burns is reporting that St Mirren have told Aberdeen to f**k off. That’s verbatim too.

Good

Derek Adams would be very, very funny. A bang average manager (at best) and a p***k to go along with it.

I can see why Goodwin would be a meh appointment for a number of reasons. I mean, is he really doing that well at St Mirren? I'd say he has them roughly where they should be given the size of the club - the fact St Mirren have been largely dug shite for decades probably makes it look like he's doing better than he actually is.

20 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

I'm intrigued at some of the things Jack Ross is being criticised for like signing Gogic- the same Gogic that Goodwin loaned from Hibs and has been excellent for us! Equally I'm not sure you can hold Ross's time at Sunderland against him- he's probably done as well as anyone else who followed.

Context. 

Signing Gogic out of an £8m wage budget to have Hibs seventh is below expectations. 

Signing Gogic out of a £2m wage budget to have St Mirren 7th is slightly exceeding expectations.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

You really need to move on from Derek. Any chance you get you bring up what the previous manager did. Conveniently leaving out the final season, the state of the squad he left and the ever dropping attendances due to the football on show.

He's gone. Won't he back (even as Killie boss the way things are going).

I didn't really mention him - it was a contextual thing, when someone was slating what Jack Ross did in the latter stages of cups - I was merely stating that it's just as easy to seldom or never be in the latter stages of cups.

I then stated that I would prefer Goodwin. For me it's about protecting regular Euro football at all costs, I would be lost in July/Aug without my dose of coefficients and Bert Kassies. 

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

This is all kind of irrelevant to the point though. Nobody was excited by appointing mcinnes and he became one of, if not the most significant in recent history.

If the general point is that we can’t gain momentum now some teams are in the league that weren’t in it in 2014 then tbh some dons fans just have to stop being such cowardly shitebags and embrace the challenge. 

Our retreat to the shadows can be tracked against the emergence of Sevco as a force.

It's not so much the fans that don't embrace the challenge as the chairmen, managers and players that shy away. However, fans will walk away if they don't believe the club are making a real effort to compete. Most Aberdeen fans yearn to challenge again.