Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Couldn’t really give a fcuk, as long as it isn’t Jim Goodwin. Whoever gets it is more likely to be bagged in a year than last as long as Derek McInnes did, or Tommy Wright at St Johnstone did for example. This also applies to Maloney at Hibs IMHO. I have no idea what the majority of fans at Aberdeen and Hibs would be happy with. No-one is going to split the Old Firm, we are all capable of exiting the cups in a disappointing manner, you cannot assemble and keep a top quality team any more. Not like the old days of Leighton, Miller, McLeish and Co.

Anyway, good luck. I have no grouse with Aberdeen, or indeed Hibs. No issues between our clubs or fanbases. We don’t hate each other… 

Must be hard though, having high expectations based on history and size, but having to accept that these days, there’s the Old Firm, and pretty much nothing between the rest of us. We can all sniff 3rd or 4th, but equally, we can all sniff a relegation fight if a handful of results go the wrong way.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Couldn’t really give a fcuk, as long as it isn’t Jim Goodwin. Whoever gets it is more likely to be bagged in a year than last as long as Derek McInnes did, or Tommy Wright at St Johnstone did for example. This also applies to Maloney at Hibs IMHO. I have no idea what the majority of fans at Aberdeen and Hibs would be happy with. No-one is going to split the Old Firm, we are all capable of exiting the cups in a disappointing manner, you cannot assemble and keep a top quality team any more. Not like the old days of Leighton, Miller, McLeish and Co.

Anyway, good luck. I have no grouse with Aberdeen, or indeed Hibs. No issues between our clubs or fanbases. We don’t hate each other… 

Must be hard though, having high expectations based on history and size, but having to accept that these days, there’s the Old Firm, and pretty much nothing between the rest of us. We can all sniff 3rd or 4th, but equally, we can all sniff a relegation fight if a handful of results go the wrong way.

Obvious answer ..... breakaway league, ditch the OF.

What an utterly depressing post.

1 hour ago, resk said:

Stuart Baxter.  Doing great things in that there abroad, apparently.  

The first person in a new manager thread that mentions Stuart Baxter should receive a one month ban from P&B. In fairness, it did used to be quite amusing about 20 years ago.

7 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

What an utterly depressing post.

Not really. No-one has won our top flight bar the two disproportionally large clubs in the country for the last hundred years, and post-Bosman, the rest of us are a bit fcuked. Well, more than a bit fcuked. Players come and go in five minutes and none of us can assemble, and keep, a truly strong team. I accept it. Fcuk all I can do about it. Christ, we’re already talking about Alex Greive leaving us after two goals and six games (some of which were sub appearances).

The game’s a bogey, but I still go. Literally take things one game, one week at a time…. Set my stall out early doors, etc.

Edited by pozbaird