Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As much as I like Jim Goodwin, I think it's a hurried and somewhat desperate appointment. I'm also not going to pretend that this isn't a significant blow to a club of our standing.

As several Saints supporters have pointed out, from August to December, although occasionally we did play some decent football, we were pretty rotten. His persistence with 3-5-2 would have led to us being down in the bottom two and in sacking territory. To his credit he has seen the error of his ways and our defence is way more solid. Although, we're still shitfesting games and relying more on rare moments of quality to win by the odd goal, rather than winning by playing swashbuckling, exciting football. Also, to a certain extent, Goodwin attracted less criticism as he is a Saints legend. Will that be the case up in Aberdeen?

One of the major plus points for him is that he talks a fantastic game and has persuaded some quality players, that I would have thought would have been out with our ability to sign.

Maybe it's an indication of how far Aberdeen have fallen since they were regarded as a successful team, but I would have thought they'd have made a more experienced, less risky appointment after the Glass shit show. 

Having said all that, I hope he does well for you and moves onto bigger things.

I can see the likes of Alnwick, McCarthy and Tanser ending up your way next season.

Edited by FTOF

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:

As much as I like Jim Goodwin, I think it's a hurried and somewhat desperate appointment. I'm also not going to pretend that this isn't a significant blow to a club of our standing.

As several Saints supporters have pointed out, from August to December, although occasionally we did play some decent football, we were pretty rotten. His persistence with 3-5-2 would have led to us being down in the bottom two and in sacking territory. To his credit he has seen the error of his ways and our defence is way more solid. Although, we're still shitfesting games and relying more on rare moments of quality to win by the odd goal, rather than winning by playing swashbuckling, exciting football. Also, to a certain extent, Goodwin attracted less criticism as he is a Saints legend. Will that be the case up in Aberdeen?

One of the major plus points for him is that he talks a fantastic game and has persuaded some quality players, that I would have thought would have been out with ability to sign, to join the club. 

Maybe it's an indication of how far Aberdeen have fallen since they were regarded as a successful team, but I would have thought they'd have made a more experienced, less risky appointment after the Glass shit show. 

Having said all that, I hope he does well for you and moves onto bigger things.

I can see the likes of Alnwick, McCarthy and Tanser ending up your way next season.

I don't see it as desperate. He is definitely a cut above Glass and will get more out of this squad. I think he will do a decent rebuilding job there.

2 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

I don't see it as desperate. He is definitely a cut above Glass and will get more out of this squad. I think he will do a decent rebuilding job there.

I'm probably a cut (I see what you did there) above Glass FFS!

Maybe desperate is a tad too strong.

Edited by FTOF

10 hours ago, kingjoey said:

What’s the matter with an old, old favourite of mine, “you’re gonna get your f*ck*ng heads kicked in”? Maybe not many on here will remember that one. The Rangers support at Hampden could always be relied to sing that when we played them there.

"You're going home in a f****** ambulance".

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Aye, no more negativity. 

If nothing else he’s a likeable guy so welcome jim. 

🤨

He's a c**t but he's now our c**t now so I'll support him. Much like I supported Glass despite having reservations about his appointment at the time.

Glass was never a c**t though. Maybe that was part of his problem. Managers should not be Mr. Nice Guy.

Just now, Suspect Device said:

🤨

He's a c**t but he's now our c**t now so I'll support him. Much like I supported Glass despite having reservations about his appointment at the time.

Glass was never a c**t though. Maybe that was part of his problem. Managers should not be Mr. Nice Guy.

Always think he comes across very well as a manager. Not just a ‘nice’ guy but also impressive.