Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

31 minutes ago, gudge1903 said:

I'd say that the posters who repeatedly say AFC** are stuck in the 80s are usually the fans of clubs who have never had a period of success to get nostalgic about, or their teams successful period is even further back than that if it does exist.

They are possibly just jealous that the club they support has never been relevant outside the town or city they reside in.

Nah it’s just a lazy argument 

See similar jokes about sheep 

42 minutes ago, TheMuzekMan said:

Fully expect to see Jak Alnwick at Pittodrie next season.

Joe Lewis is 34, nowhere near as good as he was a few seasons ago & has only managed four clean sheets (that blunder last season in the LC 🤐)

Alnwick has been one of the league’s stand out GKs, seven clean sheets, some spectacular saves & arguably our best keeper since Campbell Money

Conor Ronan on loan maybe? 

The whole living in the past thing is a bit over played, who actually cares?  At the moment I'm living with an expectation that we should be better than 9th and meekly exiting cups.  In managerial terms the only manager we've had in the last 40 years that wasn't sacked was Craig Brown and he was basically demoted upstairs.  Just about anything would be upwards from there.

In saying that, given the right company, I thoroughly enjoy a bit of nostalgia, Ernie Winchester, Billy Little, Ally Shewan and all that. 

1 hour ago, Ric said:

As I wrote earlier, I was too absolute, it is part of the reason for them though.

You seem to think everything is known and the manager can go and talk to anyone they want while still employed. I'm saying there are legal restrictions for them to do so.

The truth is clearly somewhere in the middle, it's an old boys network so informal chats through third parties obviously happen. That's where I'm saying our opinions meet in the middle.

No, not if you agree to those terms. For example, I've had similar terms in my contracts before. Not a like for like, of course, but they are common.

Edit: In an attempt to draw a line under this, as it's clear some people get annoyed at others posting in an open forum (:P), I'll happily admit the whole thing is moot anyway. Goodwin is now speaking to Aberdeen officially. Whatever our respective opinions, the circumstances have moved on.

How have you quoted my post before it was posted? 

This is some quantum leap voodoo shit. 

Burn the witch! 

11 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Conor Ronan on loan maybe? 

Possibly. Don’t think it would be a loan though, he’s 24 next month and has already been out on loan six times so I reckon he’ll either push for the first team or get a permanent move elsewhere. 

One thing’s for sure, he definitely won’t be with us next season. He’s under contract at Wolves until 2024 & Jim quoted a figure of 500k at a recent Q&A session.

Edited by TheMuzekMan

53 minutes ago, gudge1903 said:

I'd say that the posters who repeatedly say AFC** are stuck in the 80s are usually the fans of clubs who have never had a period of success to get nostalgic about, or their teams successful period is even further back than that if it does exist.

They are possibly just jealous that the club they support has never been relevant outside the town or city they reside in.

You realise you’ve just gone back to that period in the 80s when you were successful.

On 13/02/2022 at 14:09, jagfox OG said:

Well, if you don't ask...

No idea if Kjetil is lined up foe elsewhere already, happy where he is or just hasn't been offered a project that would interest him?

I'd be absolutely astounded if he ended up at Aberdeen. Reminiscent of when Celtic fans were hoping Jesse Marsh would go to Celtic. I suppose Paul le Guen went to Ranger when his stock was high so it is possible, but I just can't see it.

Edited by 2426255

2 minutes ago, fasda2 said:

The whole living in the past thing is a bit over played, who actually cares?  At the moment I'm living with an expectation that we should be better than 9th and meekly exiting cups.  In managerial terms the only manager we've had in the last 40 years that wasn't sacked was Craig Brown and he was basically demoted upstairs.  Just about anything would be upwards from there.

In saying that, given the right company, I thoroughly enjoy a bit of nostalgia, Ernie Winchester, Billy Little, Ally Shewan and all that. 

A couple of wins and you’d jump up the table. Equally, 4th place Motherwell, with a couple of losses, could drop like a stone. You bagged Glass after exiting the cup to Motherwell away, not Civil Service Strollers or Burntisland Shipyard. St Mirren are sitting in hallowed Top 6 Tony Territory at present and are in the cup quarters. Lose to Hearts at Tynecastle in the cup, lose a game or two, and our season looks like shit almost overnight.

That’s how tight things are between non OF clubs. Honestly, you have no divine right to expect fcuk all these days any more than the rest of us.

Damn. I keep forgetting about that pesky 3rd biggest budget.

4 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Hilarious, isn't it? 

Routinely in the media you have ex Rangers players of the EBT era fawning over their foreign teammates. Like nothing ever happened, like they weren't being paid via means of cheating. 

Aberdeen though, are routinely told to stop being stuck in the past, when the club is simply proud of its honest players, who made history a few decades ago. 

When Walter Smith died I remember them fawning over all the players he brought to Ibrox, as if it was him who attracted them and not the hoards of cash they didn't have. As if that meant any titles he won were actual achievements and not akin to adults playing children. 

Anyway. 

Clubs are nothing without their past. Ours is still fully in tact. JG will be a successful Aberdeen manager of the present, and I look forward to watching his first interview. 

^^^Entitlement

Spoiler

Two Stars" Images – Browse 86 Stock Photos, Vectors, and Video | Adobe Stock

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

A couple of wins and you’d jump up the table. Equally, 4th place Motherwell, with a couple of losses, could drop like a stone. You bagged Glass after exiting the cup to Motherwell away, not Civil Service Strollers or Burntisland Shipyard. St Mirren are sitting in hallowed Top 6 Tony Territory at present and are in the cup quarters. Lose to Hearts at Tynecastle in the cup, lose a game or two, and our season looks like shit almost overnight.

That’s how tight things are between non OF clubs. Honestly, you have no divine right to expect fcuk all these days any more than the rest of us.

Mate, can you do another one of those Goodwin's wife POV short stories like you did the other day if he signs for us. 

TIA

13 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Divine right?  Don't make me laugh, it's professional sport, the entertainment business.  You give the manager the third highest budget in the league and they fail to deliver to that or at least near then you sack him, he's failed.  It's not a charity thing, you're living in the past min.  The managers are part of the business, they fully understand the deal and have better severance arrangements in place than most others in the real world.

2 hours ago, TheMuzekMan said:

Possibly. Don’t think it would be a loan though, he’s 24 next month and has already been out on loan six times so I reckon he’ll either push for the first team or get a permanent move elsewhere. 

One thing’s for sure, he definitely won’t be with us next season. He’s under contract at Wolves until 2024 & Jim quoted a figure of 500k at a recent Q&A session.

The only chance I think we’d sign him permanently with that kind of fee is if, as seems likely, we sell Lewis Ferguson.

3 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

FAO The Red Shed

Here is a song you should try at Goodwin's first match

(Left side of Red Shed) We love you Jimbo, we do.
(Right side of Red Shed) We love you Goodwin, we do.
(Both sides of Red Shed) We love you Jimbo, we do.
Oh Jimbo Goodwin we love 

Don't give up your day job.

3 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

FAO The Red Shed

Here is a song you should try at Goodwin's first match

(Left side of Red Shed) We love you Jimbo, we do.
(Right side of Red Shed) We love you Goodwin, we do.
(Both sides of Red Shed) We love you Jimbo, we do.
Oh Jimbo Goodwin we love you.

Or- sacked in 9 months, you'll be sacked in 9 months.