Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

"Dodgy conversations/tapping up".

Grow up 🤣

What? It happens all the time in football - it wasn't necessarily meant as a criticism, every team does it. They sound things out via an Agent and it is kept quiet so they don't get caught. I just find it odd a club is announcing they are in talks with a named candidate rather than just wait to appoint them.

Edited by AJF

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, seems a bit odd for a club to confirm they are going to be speaking to a managerial candidate. Unless there has been some dodgy conversations/tapping up going on before permission was granted then it has the potential to blow up in their face if it turns out they don't like his vision for the team.

I don't think so, I think what was holding it back was agreeing the "transfer fee". I imagine now that Aberdeen are paying what St Mirren want then the rest is pretty much agreed.

1 minute ago, GAD said:

I don't think so, I think what was holding it back was agreeing the "transfer fee". I imagine now that Aberdeen are paying what St Mirren want then the rest is pretty much agreed.

Fair enough, I just took St Mirren's statement saying they've given Aberdeen permission to speak to Goodwin meant there were no (official) talks with him prior to that.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

Couldn't have been. If he's only now been given the green light to speak to the club. Obvs there will be unofficial channels, but this is a legal process.

What was agreed days ago was the compensation package, and rightly too - we could not allow you to interview him without that.

You're surely not that naive? Aberdeen will absolutely have an idea of what Goodwin wants salary wise before they've went through the rigmarole of agreeing terms with St Mirren. Anything else would be negligence.

Now they'll have a formal chat about his and our ambitions, plans etc.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

What? It happens all the time in football - it wasn't necessarily meant as a criticism, every team does it. I just find it odd a club is announcing they are in talks with a named candidate rather than just wait to appoint them.

Exactly. They way you phrased it I assumed you didn't think these things actually happened.

1 minute ago, williemillersmoustache said:

What's the point of that?

If it all goes McGhee up from here then fans of all the 4th bighest clubs down and the ugly sisters. will have a right laugh. And rightly so. 

I think we can take it as a given that it's a don (😚) deal.

A few folk on our end have said Goodwin told the players today. 

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, seems a bit odd for a club to confirm they are going to be speaking to a managerial candidate. Unless there has been some dodgy conversations/tapping up going on before permission was granted then it has the potential to blow up in their face if it turns out they don't like his vision for the team.

Open and transparent.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Exactly. They way you phrased it I assumed you didn't think these things actually happened.

Aye that's fair. Maybe using something like "unofficial talks" would've been more apt.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

You're surely not that naive? Aberdeen will absolutely have an idea of what Goodwin wants salary wise before they've went through the rigmarole of agreeing terms with St Mirren. Anything else would be negligence.

Now they'll have a formal chat about his and our ambitions, plans etc.

As naive as anyone who thinks mcinnes showed up to talks with rangers having not Given them some encouragement he was ready to jump if the finer points were agreed. 

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Technically they are not allowed to know that information. It would be a breach of contract.

As for negligence, this is the club who brought in Glass, so I'll leave that to others to decide on.

On 16/02/2022 at 16:30, 72redz said:

Shortlist- Ross, Goodwin, Knutsen, McCann, Houghton and one other left field candidate - trying tae get Goodwin oar the line - press conference tomorrow lunchtime?

Okay, day late but nae unexpected news

Edited by 72redz

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

He’s been crap recently. 

His distribution on Tuesday was woeful in the first half and fir park was embarrassing for him. 

He’s improved from the bates that first arrived, though. 

So his distribution has improved to "woeful"?