Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There is definitely a significant percentage of the Aberdeen support that can't accept they are also-rans rather than challengers. They can deny it all they want, but some of us actually lived up there, went to their games, spent years in the company of people who support them. It might not be the case that all supporters are stuck in the 80s, but it's "pig ignorant of the truth", to coin a phrase, to suggest that it doesn't exist.

I do love the Aberdeen fans as a collective though, they'll come onto the St Mirren thread all billy big baws then whine when they get that same treatment back.

3 minutes ago, Norrie82 said:

One cup won on penalties in over 25 years. What  a big successful club they are. They aren’t the third biggest team for me either 

As much as I dislike them Hearts are far bigger, everyone knows that.

11 minutes ago, Ric said:

There is definitely a significant percentage of the Aberdeen support that can't accept they are also-rans rather than challengers. They can deny it all they want, but some of us actually lived up there, went to their games, spent years in the company of people who support them. It might not be the case that all supporters are stuck in the 80s, but it's "pig ignorant of the truth", to coin a phrase, to suggest that it doesn't exist.

I do love the Aberdeen fans as a collective though, they'll come onto the St Mirren thread all billy big baws then whine when they get that same treatment back.

Nope

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Those Aberdeen fans eh, whit they like :lol:

I believe the answer to that is "thin skinned" .. ;)

Just now, afc_blockhead said:

Nope

Denial is a tough gig.

Edited by Ric

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Jeez, St Mirren fans trying waaay too hard to show how 'not bathered' they are.

Should we take a lesson from Dundee fans? They are known for their calm disposition on this forum.. ;)

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Loving the idea that Aberdeen having under achieved for 20 years is meant to be news to us. 

I actually disagree with us "under-achieving".

I think we've achieved exactly what our managerial choices, quality of playing staff and uninspiring and unimaginative boardrooms have dictated.

It's the same when they talk about Newcastle United as serial under-achievers. They don't achieve anything because the club isn't run properly from the top and it filters down.

Goodwin will be announced soon but there's not much enthusiasm from the supporters even when he has a blank slate. 

I also just wonder if we should have just allowed Barry Robson get on with it the meantime and taken a step back at boardroom level and consider our options carefully.

Just now, Ric said:

Should we take a lesson from Dundee fans? They are known for their calm disposition on this forum.. ;)

What's in the trees comes out in the branches.

Follow a crazy club like Dundee, you become crazy.

Follow an envious club like St Mirren... well you get the drift.

3 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I actually disagree with us "under-achieving".

I think we've achieved exactly what our managerial choices, quality of playing staff and uninspiring and unimaginative boardrooms have dictated.

It's the same when they talk about Newcastle United as serial under-achievers. They don't achieve anything because the club isn't run properly from the top and it filters down.

Goodwin will be announced soon but there's not much enthusiasm from the supporters even when he has a blank slate. 

I also just wonder if we should have just allowed Barry Robson get on with it the meantime and taken a step back at boardroom level and consider our options carefully.

I think that’s over thinking it tbh. Teams under achieve because they make poor use of their resources. We’re the very definition of that. 

39 minutes ago, Ric said:

There is definitely a significant percentage of the Aberdeen support that can't accept they are also-rans rather than challengers.

Why should we accept it?

I think you're correct, a significant portion can't accept, usually older fans that remember the success, this nonsense that we've been served up for about 20 of the last 25 seasons. Nor should we.

Unfortunately, there's also a significant portion glady accept whatever they're given without question and then can't understand it when it all goes tits up.

The appointment of Jim Goodwin is just another chapter of an ongoing debacle detailed over two books. The first, written by Stewart Milne, was a book based on tragedy and the destruction of a once powerful force, and now the second book, authored by Aberden's answer to Balzac namely Dave Cormack, is a farcical romp as the now weakened version becomes a pastiche of the once powerful force but without any success. 

Edited by Bogbrush1903

Just now, Bogbrush1903 said:

Why should we accept it?

There is no reason you should, ambition is not an issue, the framing of it perhaps is.

However my post was in response to several posters who are adamant there is no such feeling with some of your support.