Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

I don't get the Goodwin thing.  As someone said earlier he is 3 wins great or 3 defeats shite manager at the moment. Also with Ross, he's not going to the Dons, he's on the downward spiral (Motherwell or Livingston is his next gig).

This is going to be another left field appointment that will get most of us going wtf. Some Japanese 2nd division. ( I've just google that). Notorious Imperial army, that's exactly what the need. No surrender 😄 or Bazza Ferguson.   

Bazza is available now....! :lol:

To be fair to Aberdeen here, you can see why clubs go for out of the box appointments, when you look over and see the merry-go-round trundling along with Derek Adams, Tommy Wright, Barry Ferguson and Grant Murray on it. I'd also be scouring the globe if that was all I could see sitting in the waiting room at interview time.

On 13/02/2022 at 13:02, Clown Job said:

Based in the US ✅ 

Won the league in every country he’s managed in ✅ 

Welcome to Aberdeen Ronny 

image.gif.de127734ea611f630fe4530bf17bc557.gif

This would be proper exciting and I actually think he is a really good manager, but I wouldn’t like to watch Aberdeen games wanting them to win every time

You really need to move on from Derek. Any chance you get you bring up what the previous manager did. Conveniently leaving out the final season, the state of the squad he left and the ever dropping attendances due to the football on show.
He's gone. Won't he back (even as Killie boss the way things are going).

We might see you in the playoffs if you appoint another chump like Glass.

Not really sure why Goodwin is being lumped in with the 'usual suspects' by certain Aberdeen fans. He got Alloa promoted on a small budget, and has improved year on year with us. Two semi finals last year, quarters (so far) this year as well as pushing for top 6. 

He deserves his chance, but would rather it didn't happen mid season. Him and his assistant got their new contracts in the summer off the back of Aberdeen sniffing about so think there is substance to this one. 

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’m not sure they do. Journalists are never going to do the heavy lifting for the club in identifying targets. They’ll always just list the obvious, which will be people who have had success before. 

That's very true for every club in Scotland apart from Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee, where the journalists always do their best to excite the hordes with imaginative suggestions.

6 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

As someone who only sees St Mirren 3 times a season...what kind of football does he mostly like? 

I took him as an aggressive style but can pop it about. 

Is that accurate?

I wouldn't call us aggressive, Jim has a bit of a reputation from his playing days but that hasn't carried over to management.

We are fairly direct, but not long ball if you know what I mean. The most success he's had is when we've played with width. Very rarely play through teams. 

3 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Goldbridge would be far from the worst option, but realistically Aberdeen need someone with top level experience already.

Jack Ross with Goodwin as assistant would be a pretty good result for them.

Zero chance of that happening. 

13 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Jim Goodwin and Scott Brown together at Pittodrie would return Aberdeen to their rightful place as my most hated club (Glasgow bigots excepted of course)

You'd still have some mates in Lochend - Edinburgh.

13 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Jim Goodwin and Scott Brown together at Pittodrie would return Aberdeen to their rightful place as my most hated club (Glasgow bigots excepted of course)

What's the matter with Goodwin (as a manager) always found him pretty fair in his post match comments.

Aberdeen are a very oddly run club right now, McInnes was holding things together and he's left a big void and they seem to have just replaced that with a few buzzwords and don't really know how to run things. Cormack seems a tad obsessed with making big statements and branding which is great but it's been to the detriment of the football side (e.g. appointing an unqualified manager who pledged “fast, attacking football”). It's like his decision making is to impress people and 'excite' rather than actually get the basics there. Personally think when boards start pledging on what style of play a manager is going to play etc, it wrecks everything.

It's probably lucrative and too big an opportunity for someone like Goodwin to actually turn down but I genuinely think that the next manager could be a disaster appointment depending on how board have them operate.

1 minute ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

I don't mean aggressive in a negative sense. 

I mean full throttle. Not this, meek, side to side passing we've become accustomed to. 

Interesting. 

Would you back him to do well?

Yeah, he's got a bit about him. He did a Q & A with the fans not long after he got the job and he shared the presentation his did at his interview, outlining his philosophy etc. Was really good to see a manager being so open. 

26 minutes ago, Silvio said:

Not really sure why Goodwin is being lumped in with the 'usual suspects' by certain Aberdeen fans. He got Alloa promoted on a small budget, and has improved year on year with us. Two semi finals last year, quarters (so far) this year as well as pushing for top 6. 

He deserves his chance, but would rather it didn't happen mid season. Him and his assistant got their new contracts in the summer off the back of Aberdeen sniffing about so think there is substance to this one. 

I actually think mid season is better for us. The squad and the system are in place, anyone coming in now just has to keep us doing what we are doing and gets a chance to prepare for the summer. Even Alan Stubbs couldn't f**k up the squad as it is right now.

Summer is a different kettle of fish....

16 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Goldbridge would be far from the worst option, but realistically Aberdeen need someone with top level experience already.

Jack Ross with Goodwin as assistant would be a pretty good result for them.

This was a worse attempt than last night and yet…

Ross > Goodwin for me if it were out of the two, hoping it's neither. Goldbridge is a good shout but unlikely to leave Old Trafford, DT is jailed which leaves only 1 realistic leftfield choice.

Casser la banque Davie garçon et le ramener à la maison pour le "jeu à "la nantaise"

dgdfgdfgdf.jpg.189fe5f69b8be3afa43026390bbb4328.jpg

😏