Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

I'm just thinking of your back line against us at Pittodrie. 

Paul McGinn and Lewis Stevenson actually made me laugh out loud that game. So did McGregor. 

Anyway, no to Jack Ross!

I am not that bothered, but to be clear - Paul McGinn is the only one of that defence signed by JR, and he is nowhere near 6 foot?

While I agree that JR shouldnt be your next manager, he really doesnt have a reputation for signing giants.

Just now, Thenorthernlight said:

He signed Alex Gogic & Drey Wright… that should set off alarm bells alone 😃

This is closer to the truth - JR has signed some absolute dross for us...........some of it still there.

I genuinely dont see him getting a decent gig in Scotland in the near future.

41 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Ultimately, Jack Ross is a glorified failure. 

Turned Hibs around to his credit, but their showing in the latter stages of the cup last year were an embarrassment for what should've happened. Hibs should have another trophy in the cabinet. 

Similar to McInnes in many ways, and ultimately not in alignment with that the club appears to want. 

Football was turgid at times, over relied on certain players (Boyle) and had a penchant for filling his team with 6'0+ players across the board. 

There's nothing he's achieved in his career that makes me think he can take Aberdeen to winning cups on a semi consistent basis and finishing top 3/4 every season. 

Couldn't get Sunderland promoted despite vast financial benefits. 

Couldn't secure Hibs a win despite reaching the last 4 of both cups last season. 

Finished 3rd with Hibs ahead of an Aberdeen side that scored 1 goal in 10 games latterly. 

His promotion with St Mirren was good, but that's the kind of club he'll be starting at again. 

Ross lost 10 games out of 75 for Sunderland taking Sunderlandto Wembley twice.  How much did Ross spend ? Not fortunes in English terms Sunderland are where they are due to being skint.  Hibs Ross's problems started when key players were hit by covid which seem to be over looked. One thing you can guarantee his players love him no matter what club he has been at. Not saying he is your man but he is not as bad as you make out. 

12 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Ross lost 10 games out of 75 for Sunderland taking Sunderlandto Wembley twice.  How much did Ross spend ? Not fortunes in English terms Sunderland are where they are due to being skint.  Hibs Ross's problems started when key players were hit by covid which seem to be over looked. One thing you can guarantee his players love him no matter what club he has been at. Not saying he is your man but he is not as bad as you make out. 

They spent a fortune on Will Grigg. Even if he was against it.

57 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Ultimately, Jack Ross is a glorified failure. 

Turned Hibs around to his credit, but their showing in the latter stages of the cup last year were an embarrassment for what should've happened. Hibs should have another trophy in the cabinet. 

That'll be the 'latter stages of the cup' that we spent around 15 season seldom even getting to before our last manager did it just about every season.

For a manager of Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs - getting to the latter stages of cups and qualifying for Europe regularly is success.

You may run into peak Rodgers or a super $hitfest job from St Johnstone - but if you keep being there or thereabouts then surely at some point, silverware follows.

Not that I want Jack Ross - purely because of the usual suspects, if it must be one of them, I prefer Goodwin.

Still wouldn't rule out Robson though, but getting this shower of $hitebags to perform consistently enough to make a good impression will be a challenge, especially if Lewis, McCrorie and Hayes are missing.

14 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

I would agree, I think he would be a very decent appointment.

Bloody hell, I have missed Dave Cormack stating that the club are after one of the classic dullards who are always mentioned every time a Scottish top flight club is looking for a manager. I thought that was MacBookie, William Hill and Ladbrokes.

Twitter and other forums appear to think it'll be Jack Ross. 

Rumours spreading here that Aberdeen have been given permission to speak to Goodwin.

Ross, Goodwin and Derek fucking Adams [emoji1]

It’s 100% going to be a classic dullard.

13 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

That'll be the 'latter stages of the cup' that we spent around 15 season seldom even getting to before our last manager did it just about every season.

For a manager of Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs - getting to the latter stages of cups and qualifying for Europe regularly is success.

You may run into peak Rodgers or a super $hitfest job from St Johnstone - but if you keep being there or thereabouts then surely at some point, silverware follows.

Not that I want Jack Ross - purely because of the usual suspects, if it must be one of them, I prefer Goodwin.

Still wouldn't rule out Robson though, but getting this shower of $hitebags to perform consistently enough to make a good impression will be a challenge, especially if Lewis, McCrorie and Hayes are missing.

You really need to move on from Derek. Any chance you get you bring up what the previous manager did. Conveniently leaving out the final season, the state of the squad he left and the ever dropping attendances due to the football on show.

He's gone. Won't he back (even as Killie boss the way things are going).

1 minute ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

I'd love Goodwin if for nothing more than the Buddie implosion. 

Funny watching them try kid themselves Aberdeen isn't a step up from St Mirren. 

Aye, but Div would crash the site for a week out of spite

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/kjetil-knutsen-fits-aberdeen-bill-23084934

you could make an argument for Kjetil Knutsen being the best appointment in Scottish football in years if Aberdeen got him, can’t see it happening though

the other names being thrown about bar the boy from FC Volendam are pretty boring. Kevin Thomson managing a pro club would be cool but maybe a bit early. Seems a really knowledgeable and passionate guy.