Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

49 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Why is Goodwin even so hotly tipped? What exactly has he done to impress?

All this chatter about either Ross or Goodwin makes me think the interest is elsewhere and they're leading people on a wild goose chase...or rather allowing people to go on their own wild goose chase.

All it takes in the league this season, outside the top 3 is a few wins in a row and any team or manager suddenly looks 'quality'. Really strange table this year. Good though.

Season still has way to go yet. Even County can finish top half if we hit a wee run. Let's put praise on managers when season is done & dusted.

St. Mirren have had easy Scottish Cup draw, Ayr & Kelty, no real test. They lost to Livingston in league Cup, not great is it?

Goodwin isn't that much of a genius that the media make out. From start of season I noticed many BBC pundits overpraising Goodwin, Ross and McPake. Those same 3, again & again. Even when they were on bad runs, still being praised. Now McPake found out, Ross (their mate) sacked, only one left is Goodwin and even he ain't great, doing well at moment, but let's wait till end of season before hailing a tactical genius.

Almost like BBC media were pals with them all, strange eh. Well over the top at points. Yet, Martindale, Malky etc got overlooked who in my opinion are far better managers. Livingston have been impressive each time I've seen them, great signings too. Malky has good player contacts and I think next season will be even better for County. Experience is a good thing,

I rate Ross above Goodwin who I think will be found out in one more season, whether that is at St. Mirren or Aberdeen, that is the question. Reckon Aberdeen can get better than both, but will be well pleased if they do destabilise our rivals St. Mirren, nick Goodwin so can watch them sink down the league. 

Shame Cormack has revealed himself to be all talk no substance. Presents himself as an ambitious guy who has set high standards for the Dons. So far it looks like Aberdeen are going to settle for a new stadium smaller than Rugby Park, he appointed his mate as manager and now the replacements being touted are just your classic dullards who are always mentioned every time a Scottish top flight club is looking for a manager. Ambitious my arse. Put your money where your mouth is and appoint an actually decent, well known manager. And build a bigger stadium. You tight c**t.

21 minutes ago, Sonam said:

Goodwin isn't that much of a genius that the media make out. From start of season I noticed many BBC pundits overpraising Goodwin, Ross and McPake. Those same 3, again & again. Even when they were on bad runs, still being praised. Now McPake found out, Ross (their mate) sacked, only one left is Goodwin and even he ain't great, doing well at moment, but let's wait till end of season before hailing a tactical genius.

Almost like BBC media were pals with them all, strange eh. Well over the top at points. Yet, Martindale, Malky etc got overlooked who in my opinion are far better managers. 

As much as I don't hang on Goodwin's every word, nor do I think he's the messiah, I'd take him 100 times out of 100 ahead of that backwards hillbilly MacKay. 

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

As much as I don't hang on Goodwin's every word, nor do I think he's the messiah, I'd take him 100 times out of 100 ahead of that backwards hillbilly MacKay. 

I hate Goodwin.  He was a fucking horrendous dirty player, elbows, nutting the lot.  An absolute horrible c**t.  Liam Boyce destroying him with the nutmeg getting his hat trick was about the best thing that’s ever happened in a County St Mirren game.   I’d take him in a heartbeat though 😂

6 minutes ago, Loki said:

I hate Goodwin.  He was a fucking horrendous dirty player, elbows, nutting the lot.  An absolute horrible c**t.  Liam Boyce destroying him with the nutmeg getting his hat trick was about the best thing that’s ever happened in a County St Mirren game.   I’d take him in a heartbeat though 😂

Don't remember him putting the head on anyone to be fair. He was a bugger for leaving an elbow/forearm on opposing players.  Sneaky with it as well and did it with a smile on his face. 

I hated him when he played briefly for Hamilton against us.

Edited by djchapsticks

Just now, djchapsticks said:

Don't remember him putting the head on anyone. He was a bigger for leaving an elbow/forearm on opposing players.  Sneaky with it as well and did it with a smile on his face. 

He didn’t head butt Duncan Ferguson style.  But he would quite often head a player in the back of the head when the opponent won the ball.  Really really dirty c**t of a player.

You could say aww it’s Jim Goodwin, he’s slow and useless.  But it was deliberate.  He had a habit of doing it against County when Adams was in charge.  I think Adams called him a ghost as he was never seen being a dirty b*****d.

He’d definitely be a player you loved if he did that against a Caley player though 😃

But yeah I can’t stand him, but he’s not a racist.

2 hours ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Ahem,

217A5C33-0C89-4C14-93FC-4ED9253C4FD0.png

Curtis is solid.  Cannae kick a ball but he is solid.  Every time he's on the pitch you wonder what nightclub in Newcastle is missing a bouncer.

Edited by Dagdagh

6 hours ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/kjetil-knutsen-fits-aberdeen-bill-23084934.amp

Interesting article. 

Almost seems like the director is trying to convince the guy doing the article of how good he is. 

For me, if it's in any way reaslistic, with what we want to do, this has to be aggressively pursued. 

Maybe this is the guy to go for. Knutsen was his assistant when he was head coach.

16 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Don't remember him putting the head on anyone to be fair. He was a bugger for leaving an elbow/forearm on opposing players.  Sneaky with it as well and did it with a smile on his face. 

Used to do the nasty stuff and still keep a relatively low profile, very effective until he got caught sticking one on that Dundee Utd. kid, after that he was watched by refs....

Goodwin has done excellent work so far in management - and I for one look forward to a Tommy Craig type donkey taking the spoon-burners back to their banter years repertoire - but managing a club with Aberdeen's expectations is still a major risk. There have been plenty of managers who find a 'big city' club in Scottish football too big a role for them, but thrive at provincial rivals.

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Goodwin has done excellent work so far in management - and I for one look forward to a Tommy Craig type donkey taking the spoon-burners back to their banter years repertoire - but managing a club with Aberdeen's expectations is still a major risk. There have been plenty of managers who find a 'big city' club in Scottish football too big a role for them, but thrive at provincial rivals.

That Tommy Craig type donkey will be Doug Imrie...