Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Is Alex McLeish looking to get back into management?

That's what I thought too, he seems like he's been gone for ages but it's actually only a few years.

I do wonder if his dramatic deterioration in his interviews when Scotland manager were due to an undisclosed health issue or alcohol (or a combination of both). Bit of a sad end really as always seemed a decent guy.

My left field pic is Sylvinho who just got bombed out of Corinthians.

Edited by Satoshi

10 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Guy on Reporting Scotland alleging Malky Mackay is a possibility. What an appointment that would be. 

Inshallah.

Would be very nice to have a football club to watch again.

9 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Well I’m going to watch the Super Bowl and then, unlike Amy, I’m off to rehab for at least a month tomorrow. emoji22.png
Fucked up badly, so new manager is really the least of my concerns until March!

All the best.

11 hours ago, Dagdagh said:

So cancel culture has made the guy who manages the team below Aberdeen un-employable? I must have missed the announcement where Ross County sacked him.

Always nice to see rape being called a 'thing' now and that being a rapist is just 'baggage'.

I mean c'mon.  Think before you post.

I knew this would be taken the wrong way, but alas people are so quick to jump all over you these days with the sanctimony. It's just the way the world's gone.

My point on Mackay is that I think he is a reasonable manager, who is doing well at Ross County after a slowish start.  I don't think he's anywhere near the best candidate for us, however if he was, the club still wouldn't go near him as the way of things these days is mass cancel of sponsorships, corporate boxes, advertising etc etc on the back of that and making sure everyone knows about it on social media.

I am not commenting on whether that is right or wrong - just that it would be guaranteed to happen.

Edited by tarapoa

2 hours ago, tarapoa said:

I knew this would be taken the wrong way, but alas people are so quick to jump all over you these days with the sanctimony. It's just the way the world's gone.

My point on Mackay is that I think he is a reasonable manager, who is doing well at Ross County after a slowish start.  I don't think he's anywhere near the best candidate for us, however if he was, the club still wouldn't go near him as the way of the world these days is mass cancel of sponsorships, corporate boxes, advertising etc etc on the back of that and making sure everyone knows about it on social media.

I am not commenting on whether that is right or wrong - just that it would be guaranteed to happen.

I was prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt but you really are going through the playbook here:

1.  Say something inaccurate and offensive. 

2. When this is pointed out accuse others of being sanctimonious or not 'getting it'.

3. Claim you are just making a neutral comment even when you are using loaded terms like 'cancel culture'.

4. Generally try and frame the question as a problem about people getting offended rather than what it really is, people being offensive.

5. Affect a 'more in sorrow than anger tone' in an attempt to claim the moral high ground.

6. Limmy Double Down GIF - Limmy Double Down Gods Judgement GIFs

21 minutes ago, Dagdagh said:

I was prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt but you really are going through the playbook here:

1.  Say something inaccurate and offensive. 

2. When this is pointed out accuse others of being sanctimonious or not 'getting it'.

3. Claim you are just making a neutral comment even when you are using loaded terms like 'cancel culture'.

4. Generally try and frame the question as a problem about people getting offended rather than what it really is, people being offensive.

5. Affect a 'more in sorrow than anger tone' in an attempt to claim the moral high ground.

6. Limmy Double Down GIF - Limmy Double Down Gods Judgement GIFs

You've kind of gone at #1 there.

I am not sure what's inaccurate or offensive by stating the Malky Mackay has too much baggage to be considered for a club like AFC.  I was surprised he got through the Ross County filter, but just feel what has happened at Raith has taken things to new levels on who clubs will employ going forward.

It's as simple as that - sorry if using the phrase 'cancel culture' felt loaded - really wasn't intended to be.  Was nice to get called a gammon though, when I have spent the last five years getting my piss boiled at the ludicrous decision that was Brexit and the reasons behind it.

Anyway, Jim Goodwin looks a good shout. 

Edited by tarapoa

22 hours ago, forkboy said:

Sounds like what the Dons need is Malky Mackay

No chance of you getting him unless Cormack digs deep and offers obscene money. He's in midst of a long term plan at Ross County and Roy won't want him leaving plus doubt he'll want to up sticks and move to a shambles like Aberdeen. Mackay failed to win his first 11 games as County boss and at no point was fear of sack hanging over him. He'd lose his job at Pittodrie long before he reached that figure. He's in a safe and secure job. Who in their right mind would leave a secure position for 1  where chairman could sack ya for being 3pts from 6th position.

38 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

You've kind of gone at #1 there.

I am not sure what's inaccurate or offensive by stating the Malky Mackay has too much baggage to be considered for a club like AFC.  I was surprised he got through the Ross County filter, but just feel what has happened at Raith has taken things to new levels on who clubs will employ going forward.

It's as simple as that - sorry if using the phrase 'cancel culture' felt loaded - really wasn't intended to be.  Was nice to get called a gammon though, when I have spent the last five years getting my piss boiled at the ludicrous decision that was Brexit and the reasons behind it.

Anyway, Jim Goodwin looks a good shout. 

Gone at #1? I'm just doing the same as you m8.  Giving an opinion. Then again maybe I'm being a bit hysterical, my hormones an that, know?

You linked Malky MacKay and cancel culture.  He is managing in the SPL, who's cancelled him?  His own actions have had an impact on his career that just life.  Act like a f*d and people will think you're a f*d.  Malky has no-one to blame but himself.  Even then linking MacKay and Goodwillie is just plain daft.

I never called you a 'gammon' so please don't try and play the victim here.  Although the whole Brexit sideline suggests a certain defensiveness on your part. 

As for Goodwin, he's not good enough for a club of your stature. Even contemplating a semi-successful rookie from a diddy club shows a severe lack of imagination on the part of Aberdeen.  I mean when has appointing the guy who managed St Mirren ever worked out for your club?

9 minutes ago, Lowrie83 said:

No chance of you getting him unless Cormack digs deep and offers obscene money. He's in midst of a long term plan at Ross County and Roy won't want him leaving plus doubt he'll want to up sticks and move to a shambles like Aberdeen. Mackay failed to win his first 11 games as County boss and at no point was fear of sack hanging over him. He'd lose his job at Pittodrie long before he reached that figure. He's in a safe and secure job. Who in their right mind would leave a secure position for 1  where chairman could sack ya for being 3pts from 6th position.

I just want the racist out so I can go back to Victoria Park mate.