Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

A manager with previous experience of managing a football club full time. 

We were all happy to accept teething problems so to speak, but not to the extent we've seen to this point.

Are you suggesting, with the squad of players at the disposal, this was an inevitability? I don't see that. 

It's the laziest generalisation folk make about Aberdeen fans. It's boring at this point. 

We appointed Alan Stubbs, plenty of experience, was complete shite. It’s no guarantee of anything - having experience. Yes, I do believe whoever Aberdeen appointed would have suffered Glass’ fate. Why? For the reasons I have already said in a few posts - what an Aberdeen manager needs to deliver to stick around long term after McInnes is very, very difficult to achieve these days. There’s not much between Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts, Motherwell, Dundee Utd, Livvy, St Mirren… not much at all. I forsee a revolving door of Aberdeen managers now. I simply don’t see who is going to come in and assemble a team in the modern era who will avoid the same fate. It’s actually easier for a smaller club without your history, budget, fanbase, stadium and (no matter how much you deny it) high expectations. For what it’s worth, I see a revolving door at Easter Road too.

23 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Mad the amount of folk still somehow linking this back to sacking McInnes. 

For those hard of thinking, this has already been said, but I'll say it again; 

Sacking McInnes was the 100% right thing to do. 

Hiring Glass as his replacement what the 100% wrong thing to do. 

It’s all about opinions, you stating it does not make it gospel. Plenty look at his record and think otherwise. Fair enough many are not Aberdeen supporters but even within the Aberdeen fanbase it’s not universal and only amplified by the appointment and subsequent record under Glass

2 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Let's wait and see. 

Probs just take Goodwin if we fancy it tbh

He'd be mental not to take it

Stay at a team on an upward trajectory vs move to a team on a downward one. 

Yup. Mental. 

Besides, your chairman has been pleading poverty so you'll go for the cheap option. Enjoy Jack Ross. 

I'd take Goodwin, and I'm fairly certain he'd take the job as well. Whoever comes in is getting a pretty good deal.

We're currently 4 points of a european spot with a game in hand. We've got the 3rd biggest budget in the league, the 3rd best squad imo, and given how the season has gone so far we've got pretty low expectations.

The pieces are all there for a competent manager to hit the ground running.

Goodwin for me, but I also wouldn’t rule out Robson if he does well in interim charge.

Kjetil Knutsen has possibly done all he can (which is fkin loads) with Bodo Glimt and may fancy a new challenge - I guess the natural comparisons there are to Skovdahl and Deila though.

Jack Collison (ex West Ham player) is the current manager of Atlanta United 2 in the USL, so that makes him a candidate.

3 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Leaving a side that's traditionally in the lower tier, for a side that has two stars above its badge? No brainer for Goody. 

I think he'll suit red and white. Way too handsome to be working in Paisley. 

Yes, tell me more about how Aberdeen were a good side approx. 40 years ago

Past history is zero indication of future success, especially when you're looking back that far. Your two stars are a stark reminder of good old days that ain't ever, ever coming back. 

But you enjoy them, the same way you'll be enjoying Jack Ross. 

55 minutes ago, Dagdagh said:

Now you're just being pedantic.  Goodwin's deal runs to 2024 Alexander's until 2025.  Goodwin is being touted for this job but Alexander isn't.  You read the same threads and media as the rest of us, are you honestly saying the Goodwin doesn't get linked to nearly everything going? That other teams fans don't fancy him as a replacement for who they've got?

My point is that Alexander doesn't seem to get the same attention.  It could be because Goodwin is the flavour of the month but before the winter break our form was stinking and we went on an eleven game winless 'run'.  It could be because Alexander is seen as an outsider because his playing and coaching career was down south (apart from the national side).  It could even be that Alexander is seen as maintaining a Motherwell side whereas Goodwin is seen as improving a St Mirren side. It's clearly true that Goodwin loves an interview and seems to be liked by sports journalists.

All I'm saying is, last week we were ninth in the league and Motherwell were fourth.  We beat a rank rotten St Jonstone and go up to sixth.  Motherwell are still fourth.  So why is Goodwin a bookie's favourite and Alexander isn't?

So which jobs was goodwin touted for before??? none?

16 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Leaving a side that's traditionally in the lower tier, for a side that has two stars above its badge? No brainer for Goody. 

I think he'll suit red and white. Way too handsome to be working in Paisley. 

Aberdeen supporters don’t live in the past “ FACT”.

4 minutes ago, dublin_bud said:

Yes, tell me more about how Aberdeen were a good side approx. 40 years ago

Past history is zero indication of future success, especially when you're looking back that far. Your two stars are a stark reminder of good old days that ain't ever, ever coming back. 

But you enjoy them, the same way you'll be enjoying Jack Ross. 

Can’t wait for this post to beautifully backfire when Aberdeen appoint Goodwin and St.Mirren bring back Ross.

Just now, Clown Job said:

Paul Lambert is just not a very good manger imo

Similar with Pressley, I always had the impression they thought they are too good to manage in Scotland

Judging by his media appearances Lambert has had very little interest in Scottish football since managing down south.