Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

St Mirren fans can laugh off the debacle of Goodwin going to support Celtic in the cup final but I am sure other clubs have noted it and decided Jim is just not ready to step up a level. It was very small time.

Lot of baggage to take on a big Celtic fan as your manager.

Goodwin has also had tons of stick at St Mirren over his time there, I think he would flop at Aberdeen with the pressure he would be under. He’s not going to get a couple of years to turn it around.

3 minutes ago, Lester Freamon said:

Must have been some other poster working themselves into a lather over the Martin Boyle transfer.

You mean rightfully pointing out a player was being bribed to endure a religious totalitarian state that has an awful record on human rights?

Not sure that sort of point requires me to know the internal structure of the club.

2 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Similar to ‘he’s finished…… naw he’s no he’s only 29’

Was funny the first 6000 times.

Is that why St Mirren keep that Celtic Football Club sign on their stadium? 

You know how it goes, we had a Celtic crest on the stadium for a few games, while we were paid handsomely for it.

Meanwhile your club continues to display the Red Hand of Ulster on your club crest for no profit what so ever.

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

I get that. I agree Aberdeen’s current position isn’t great in regard to league results, league placing, and cup exit - which to be fair, was an away game at Motherwell, not St Johnstone losing to Kelty Hearts. Glass lasted less than a year. What happens if Aberdeen appoint Ross / Lennon / Someone… and are still a bit whiffy? Sack them after nine months too? Be like Watford FC?

That’s what I ask. What are the expectations to see a manager there not be bagged after nine months again? How is any new manager going to turn things around in less than a year?

The reason I wanted Glass out is he was tactically inept and we have looked a shambles. We've won TWO away games all season (one when the Livingston keeper spilled a shot over his own line and the other was a blatant hand ball by Jenks at Perth). We are losing games to poor teams.

Unless Cormack goes for another ridiculous appointment it shouldn't be too hard for the next manager to get us into the top 4 or 5.

8 minutes ago, Ric said:

You mean rightfully pointing out a player was being bribed

6 minutes ago, Ric said:

You know how it goes, we had a Celtic crest on the stadium for a few games, while we were paid handsomely for it.

'Bribed' you might say 😋

2 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

2024 he's contracted until.

Is it harsh of me to bring this up so soon?

Screenshot_20220213-124609_Twitter.jpg

Yes it is harsh. But fair. 

1 hour ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

WAWBOTBG

(We All Want Big Ogkmpoe To Be Gaffer)

Or maybe Big Neil Warno Warnock.

You're always on about Marios Ogkmpoe. You're never going to meet him. 

33 minutes ago, bennett said:

Jack Ross 3/1

Jim Goodwin 4/1

Dolly the sheep 5/1

Scott Brown 5/1

Neil Lennon 6/1

Gordon Strachan 7/1

Paul Lambert 8/1

Jack Collison 10/1

Kjetil Knutsen 10/1

Kevin Thomson 12/1

Raphael Wicky 12/1

Ronny Deila 12/1

Jaap Stam 16/1

Neil Warnock 16/1

Alex McLeish 16/1

Callum Davidson 20/1

Random Guy 25/1

Dave gets one look at those radial performance charts and RG is in. 

14 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

St Mirren fans can laugh off the debacle of Goodwin going to support Celtic in the cup final but I am sure other clubs have noted it and decided Jim is just not ready to step up a level. It was very small time.

Lot of baggage to take on a big Celtic fan as your manager.

Aberdeen won't mind that 🤪.

FF76B5E5-CA2F-D044-9C0B68EE84E5CF69.jpg

10 minutes ago, Ric said:

Meanwhile your club continues to display the Red Hand of Ulster on your club crest for no profit what so ever.

How much were St Mirren paid?

It goes like this at Aberdeen tbh.

Hire a manager, results improve, get 3rd/4th and the odd cup semi/final, moan endlessly we aren't challenging rangers and celtic, sack him, get someone else in, barely scraping bottom six, sack him, hire a manager, get 3rd/4th.........etc rinse and repeat 

Edited by red23

19 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

My vote here is for Neil Warnock.

Seen his name in enough polls. Time to actually get him up here and see what he is all about.

Aye, well, you can try him out first.