Dunfermline vs Thistle - Tuesday 22nd March 2022

35 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I don't mean the result. I mean the ambition, the mindset. 

If we were going for promotion? Absolutely, three points is a must. 

Have to be realistic though, we've been fucking garbage for most of the season and we're in a relegation fight, wins against the sides going for the title aren't season defining. 

It's not impossible, and I fancy us for a draw but I'm not about to call our season over if we don't win. 

10 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

If we were going for promotion? Absolutely, three points is a must. 

Have to be realistic though, we've been fucking garbage for most of the season and we're in a relegation fight, wins against the sides going for the title aren't season defining. 

It's not impossible, and I fancy us for a draw but I'm not about to call our season over if we don't win. 

Not sure you're getting what I'm saying.

If the mindset is "we're going to get utterly pumped, might as well no bother" then we should just accept relegation now.

If however the mindset is that we should be going in to games looking for a win, then we have a chance, even if we lose on Friday.

Some games against sides going for promotion are going to have to be defining (at least in a way) though, as we only play Queen of the South, Ayr and Morton one more time each, whereas we have Kilmarnock and Thistle twice more. 0 points from those 4 games will be a terrible return and put in serious trouble.

11 games to go. Getting tight!

Had a dream last night that our game was called off.

Our game in Dundee, for some reason.

I also dreamt that I put a choc ice in an outside freezer, along with some beers (important later on). This freezer was literally outside, not outside as in being in a shed or garage, but just sitting in a field.

I had some pals around to my parents' house, even though it was a house I'd never seen in my life, to watch a film on an old CRT TV. This included two folk I've not spoken to in years.

Whilst getting some more beer from the outside freezer, a car pulled up and five dodgy looking guys with shotguns got out. I then heard gunshots from in the house and knew they'd killed my friends.

I immediately starting running away and was in some sort of mad housing estate with loads of turns and alleys. Despite my efforts, the killers caught up with me, now holding cut off pool cues.

I knew I had to fight. I somehow fought them off (the most unbelievable part of this dream), including throwing one guy over a tall fence. Then I hobbled away and got on a ferry.

In summary, the game may not go ahead.

Edited by DA Baracus

1 minute ago, CallumPar said:

Pitch inspection 6 hours 45 mins before kick off? Think that means the game’s off. Grass around Dunfermline seems to be covered in slush, so would imagine the pitch will be the same.

I'd imagine it's so early because it's on TV to let them reorder the schedule.

I'd imagine it's so early because it's on TV to let them reorder the schedule.

Yeah. I wasn’t criticising the inspection being so early - in fact, it’s a good thing to do. It was more that the timing of the inspection suggests that the game’s almost certainly off. You don’t arrange an inspection that early that might pass, only for conditions to get worse throughout the day.

1 minute ago, CallumPar said:

Yeah. I wasn’t criticising the inspection being so early - in fact, it’s a good thing to do. It was more that the timing of the inspection suggests that the game’s almost certainly off. You don’t arrange an inspection that early that might pass, only for conditions to get worse throughout the day.

Think weather conditions to improve as day goes on? 

Think weather conditions to improve as day goes on? 

Maybe in the west, but not here? Met office and BBC both forecasting heavy snow this afternoon, followed by rain/sleet. So if the pitch isn’t playable (for whatever reason) at 1pm, it won’t be playable later on.

That being said, the weather here hasn’t been anywhere near as bad as was forecast the last few days. Wind wasn’t as bad as forecast and it was meant to be snowing heavily all day today and there hasn’t been any snow since I got up for work. I’m not far from East End and slush in gardens seems to have disappeared over the course of the morning.

Tomorrow might be alright from a weather perspective, and I’m sure both sets of players and fans would prefer it - but I’d guess it might be challenging to move a game back less than 24 hours because it will involve arranging match officials, catering, stewarding, etc at such short notice.

16 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Tomorrow might be alright from a weather perspective, and I’m sure both sets of players and fans would prefer it - but I’d guess it might be challenging to move a game back less than 24 hours because it will involve arranging match officials, catering, stewarding, etc at such short notice.

Complete no-go and won't happen. It'll be rearranged for a later date.