Dunfermline vs Thistle - Tuesday 22nd March 2022

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
8 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Fucking dire. Just relegate us, we don't deserve to stay in this league. 

Fucking dire attitude. If we do enough to stay in the league then we've deserved to be there.

Big game for us, if we play like we did vs Dundee United but actually manage to take chances in front of goal - I’d expect us to win but I don’t think this will be an easy game by any manner of means. Brian Graham is now two goals from 20 for the season (first Jags player to do that since Doolan, or possibly even Mark Roberts?) so I hope he’s raring to go - and if Tiffoney can continue his recent form into this one then we’ll be all the better for it. 

Akinola to come back into the Back 4 and Holt naturally to move back to LB. Feel a bit sorry for Hendrie, felt he’s been fairly impressive in his recent outings but it’s credit to him that even as 2nd choice (or even 3rd at one point) he comes in and gives such a good shift. We’ll stick with the ever-impressing midfield 3 of Bannigan, Docherty and Crawford I’d imagine. Would like to see Kyle McAllister get some game time (either from the start or as a sub). 

Edited by JagsCG

3 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Snow forecast all day on Friday....

Another call off would be less than ideal for Partick.

Another call off would be a nightmare.

I think it’s meant to calm down a bit at around 18:00, so hopefully the game goes ahead. Our midweek trip to Inverness managed to be played in similar conditions. 

3 hours ago, par-adise said:

Snow forecast all day on Friday....

Another call off would be less than ideal for Partick.

Beneficial for us if it gets binned, hopefully we put as little an effort as possible to get it on. 

Am I still bitter about the Scottish Cup game from over a decade ago? Not for me to say, but yes. 

19 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Rather it was played in awful conditions and we can shitfest a nil nil.

The Nil Nil earlier in the season at Firhill is genuinely one of the worst games of football I have ever witnessed. 

18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Am I missing something here? Why would it be beneficial for us if it was postponed?

Only reason I can think of is that we’ve already got a congested fixture list and are playing on the next 3 Tuesdays. Theoretically our players will be knackered by the time the rearranged fixture could be played (15th March) after 6 games in the 3 weeks.

Edited by Nightmare

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Am I missing something here? Why would it be beneficial for us if it was postponed?

Hopefully the run of games for Thistle will weaken them, be it injuries, suspensions and tire them a bit.

Also more time for Dom to get fully fit and the likes of Kamwa, Ambrose and Jacky-Pole to blend into the squad more in training.

Plus, maybe it gets moved to a Saturday instead of a shitey Friday night. 

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Would get rearranged later into Thistle’s already busy schedule I’m guessing?

I’d rather we played the game tbh but I can understand why some folk would like to see it snowed off.

I get it now.

But we would then also be creating our own potential fixture congestion surely? There are no spare Saturdays that I can see between now and the end of the season so we would be playing at least a couple games in one week. If the Raith has to be rearranged then that adds to it.

Would rather we just play it on Friday. We're playing Partick, not the France 98 team. If we're not looking to win this then we might as well just accept relegation now.

There's levels surely? Not expecting to beat one of the top sides in the league doesn't then mean you should be relegated. Over the last ten, fifteen and twenty last games Partick have been the second best side in the league, they along with Killie and Arbroath are the best sides in the league. A draw wouldn't be a bad result at all, and likewise a loss isn't the end of the world. 

It's the results of the teams around us, and what points we get off Inverness, Raith and Hamilton that'll be define where we finish.