Dunfermline vs Thistle - Tuesday 22nd March 2022

3 hours ago, DAFC. said:

TBF if Yogi was in charge from the start, we'd be nowhere near this. Still makes some baffling decisions, especially with subs.

Dom simply has to start. He is a game changer for us. McCann needs dropped as well. I doubt he starts against Killie if Kamwa was available. Hopefully Pybus and him are back for this and McCann and Chalmers are bombed out. Ambrose will probably be at centre half and Martin shifted to right-back. Ambrose in a 1v1 against Tiffoney would be some spectacle, but even Hughes isn't that daft. Martin is better at left-back but he will be competent enough at right-back. 

Unsure where we would be in Hughes was appointed in the summer. There's been a definite improvement since he came in (we've actually won some games) but the improvement hasn't been massive. However, he would have made different signings than Grant did, so we probably would have had a better team out from the start.

Aye, changes are needed for Friday. Tiffoney was very effective against us in the cup, and McCall won't have missed that. Ambrose up against him at right back would be comedy. With Cole going off injured I think Pybus, if available, will replace him, not Chalmers. 

Would like to see Kamwa giving a shot up front in place of McCann, or even O'Hara up there. Would absolutely love to see Dom back in the team as well.

Hope we try to stop playing quite as many useless long balls. It's absolutely pathetic football and it's so ineffective. There are times when needs must of course, but too often we do it, especially up either wing. We need to cut that out.

What a threat Tiffony will pose

Who to mark, Martin or Ambrose?

Scrap, clash, win the ball and pass

Dom Thomas is back, prob a sub alas

But someone else will cross into the box

In it is our own mis-firing fox

McCann will bundle in winner

and it be a Thistle defender who is a sinner.

Or failing all that poetic twaddle, Thistle will probably edge this one

9 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Yogi wasn’t in the dugout for that ICT game so if that is discounted his isn’t his record 11 points from 12 games compared to 9 from 12 for Grant? 

Fucking dire. Just relegate us, we don't deserve to stay in this league. 

Yogi wasn’t in the dugout for that ICT game so if that is discounted his isn’t his record 11 points from 12 games compared to 9 from 12 for Grant? 
Not his team though.

ETA: Grant only picked up 7 points.

I wasn’t at Ayr but the performances at Queens & Killie were significantly better than the dross served up under Grant.

You also have to take into account how much squad churn there’s been and the fact that our best player hasn’t been fully fit for a month or two.

Yogi has not had the dramatic turnaround that Imrie has overseen at Morton but he’s been ok IMO. I certainly don’t think we’d have been near the bottom if he’d been in charge since the summer.

We have improved somewhat (would be near impossible for a new man not to get us playing better than the previous moron) but hasn't yielded much better return in points.

I'd be astonished if we stay up. We are fucking terrible. 

Hoping he proves me wrong but I have very little faith in Hughes, even if we did stay up. I can't see us going anywhere with him in charge, at least not anywhere in a positive sense.

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:

Snow forecast for Friday tae

Hope someone makes a snow jobby and puts it in McCall's shoe.

Hoping he proves me wrong but I have very little faith in Hughes, even if we did stay up. I can't see us going anywhere with him in charge, at least not anywhere in a positive sense.
Hope someone makes a snow jobby and puts it in McCall's shoe.
What would you be looking for instead? I've been very on the fence since the appointment like, pulling splinters out ma arse.

Have we looked like “going anywhere” under anyone since Calderwood left in 2004? Other than title win under McIntyre and in brief spells under AJ it’s been an extended period of utter shite tbh.

Yogi’s remit was to keep us up. If he achieves that then he succeeded and if not then he failed. A bit daft to say it would “astonishing” to stay up when you have complete much like Queens and Ayr among your competition.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

Have we looked like “going anywhere” under anyone since Calderwood left in 2004? Other than title win under McIntyre and in brief spells under AJ it’s been an extended period of utter shite tbh.
Yogi’s remit was to keep us up. If he achieves that then he succeeded and if not then he failed. A bit daft to say it would “astonishing” to stay up when you have complete much like Queens and Ayr among your competition.
The Jefferies babes era of 2012 had the makings of something special before the admin nonsense kicked off.

2 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Yes, under McIntyre we did. Until the playoffs we looked like we did under Jefferies. Until the season after the playoffs we did under Johnston. For the first quarter of last season we did.

Hughes was given more than then end of this season, so whilst his remit in the short term is to keep us up, he will have surely been given a longer term remit (after this season) as well, namely promotion. I don't see him doing that.