Dunfermline vs Thistle - Tuesday 22nd March 2022

We played pretty well today, so it’s disappointing we went out the cup. Back to league duty though and it’s a Friday night trip to Dunfermline.

Three points would be great Thistle.

Thank you.

Edited by R&Y99

1 hour ago, R&Y99 said:

We played pretty well today, so it’s disappointing we went out the cup. Back to league duty though and it’s a Friday night trip to Dunfermline.

Three points would be great Thistle.

Thank you.

Any ambitions of going up or at least getting a play off, then we've got to start winning. 2 0 Jags.

It’s what usually happens when playing a team from a level up….quality in the final third ,even although not vastly superior, mostly makes the difference.

Utd got one chance and took it. Then seemed to me to shut up shop and play on the break!

Cant decide whether that was respectful to Thistles dominance or because they are a not very good Scottish premier league team.

13 minutes ago, Pat Boon said:

Any ambitions of going up or at least getting a play off, then we've got to start winning. 2 0 Jags.

We aren’t in bad form in the league to be honest, two wins and three draws from our last five league outings. However, in two of those draws we led multiple times in both games so it feels like points dropped. With our remaining games in hand and our current position we are definitely still in the promotion race. 

We really need a win here but I just don't see it. On paper, we have a team that should be at least mid-table obscurity, but thanks to Peter Grant and our board's total ineptitude, we are heading for League 1 rapid as it has been left far too late. 

2 hours ago, DAFC. said:

We really need a win here but I just don't see it. On paper, we have a team that should be at least mid-table obscurity, but thanks to Peter Grant, John Hughes and our board's total ineptitude, we are heading for League 1 rapid as it has been left far too late. 

Assuming no more postponements this is the start of our catch up run of 7 games across 4 weekends and 3 midweek with no break. 

Graham looked absolutely fucked when he went off on Saturday, playing on a bog probably doesn't help, he's probably going to be rested for a couple of games during this run but I'd have him in from the start here. 

Doubt we'll get anyone great on loan for the last signing and not sure what obvious free agents are out there but squad starting to look a bit thin in some areas. 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

TBF if Yogi was in charge from the start, we'd be nowhere near this. Still makes some baffling decisions, especially with subs.

Dom simply has to start. He is a game changer for us. McCann needs dropped as well. I doubt he starts against Killie if Kamwa was available. Hopefully Pybus and him are back for this and McCann and Chalmers are bombed out. Ambrose will probably be at centre half and Martin shifted to right-back. Ambrose in a 1v1 against Tiffoney would be some spectacle, but even Hughes isn't that daft. Martin is better at left-back but he will be competent enough at right-back. 

38 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Assuming no more postponements this is the start of our catch up run of 7 games across 4 weekends and 3 midweek with no break. 

Graham looked absolutely fucked when he went off on Saturday, playing on a bog probably doesn't help, he's probably going to be rested for a couple of games during this run but I'd have him in from the start here. 

Doubt we'll get anyone great on loan for the last signing and not sure what obvious free agents are out there but squad starting to look a bit thin in some areas. 

I don’t even want to imagine what our schedule would look like with any more postponements.

We need to bring in another striker, whether that is on loan or a free agent. Graham is of course providing the goods with 18 goals this season, but it would do no harm to take the pressure off him a bit and get some extra cover in the goalscoring department.