Alloa v East Fife.

We need to dedicate this win to the band of East Fife fans who follow the boys faithfully home and away. 

I've said this before but the team need your backing far, far more during the tough times, than when we are doing well. 

Thank you! And enjoy your Saturday night. I'm sure you will. You deserve it. 

For any Alloa fan still thinking that Durnans elbow to the face of Steele wasn’t a penalty have a look at East Fifes highlights shows clearly that Dumbo Durnan is clearly guilty. So instead of showing your anger at the referee I would suggest you blame the stupid defending right in front of the ref. 

28 minutes ago, fifer67 said:

For any Alloa fan still thinking that Durnans elbow to the face of Steele wasn’t a penalty have a look at East Fifes highlights shows clearly that Dumbo Durnan is clearly guilty. So instead of showing your anger at the referee I would suggest you blame the stupid defending right in front of the ref. 

I would also add the reckless swing connecting with the goalkeepers head to the above.

1 hour ago, fifer67 said:

Hopefully visually cleared up any doubts about the big calls the referee got right.

The penalty decision still questionable after seeing it from that angle. Does confirm Graham was fouled just before the free kick was awarded for the pass back though. The Alloa highlights showed a clear shirt pull on Durnan in the box just before half time too. Refs have a very tough gig but pretty bold to say he got all the big calls correct there. 

Not sure why certain EF fans getting worked up over this anyway, we were utterly shite and deserved absolutely nothing from the game. Our defeat yesterday and issues in general go way beyond refereeing decisions and poor defending. 

17 hours ago, Waspie said:

The penalty decision still questionable after seeing it from that angle. Does confirm Graham was fouled just before the free kick was awarded for the pass back though. The Alloa highlights showed a clear shirt pull on Durnan in the box just before half time too. Refs have a very tough gig but pretty bold to say he got all the big calls correct there. 

Not sure why certain EF fans getting worked up over this anyway, we were utterly shite and deserved absolutely nothing from the game. Our defeat yesterday and issues in general go way beyond refereeing decisions and poor defending. 

Who is getting worked up? It’s Alloa fans who are wearing the blinkers and griping about the officials thinking that all the big decisions went against them. I suppose EF could say that we could have had another penalty when Connell was in a very good scoring position and looked like ha was fouled but we won’t. Like I said in a previous post the only consistent thing about referees in leagues one and two is their inconsistency.

There were no blinkers, our fans all said we were shite and deserved to lose. The ref making some dubious calls was irrelevant on a day when we were horrendous and East Fife were clearly the better side. East Fife fans on the other hand were all over our thread defending the ref when all we wanted to do was complain about our now ex manager. 

If it was anything like the blatant dive earlier by either 22 or 23 in the middle then no pen. Durnham has a boy wrestle him to the ground in your box and also dived for a header with your player going with him with a grip of his shirt. Both seemed more of a penalty to me. Your boy diving in two footed, studs up and getting a yellow was also far worse than Hendersons challenge on the keeper. Even your first goal was a foul on Big Andy , he was pulled back round neck/shoulder before the pass back catastrophe. We were bad today, no getting away for that but you’ll never get all the refs decisions like that again. Officials were atrocious today.

Hi Waspie,

So the poster above didn’t want to talk about the referee! He is just complaining about your ex-manager.

• 1 month later...