Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

16 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
37 minutes ago, alta-pete said:
I think his handle might be a clue as to why…

...he wants everyone to have to jump through hoops to understand his post?

дивна річ, про яку можна заплутатися? 

1 hour ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Nothing a quick google search couldn’t work out. Beyond your capabilities clearly. 

54 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
1 hour ago, Karpaty Lviv said:
Nothing a quick google search couldn’t work out. Beyond your capabilities clearly. 

Or you could just say it in English as well like a normal person would and save everyone the hassle.

48 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

I think his handle might be a clue as to why…

You can't fight in here... this is the war thread.

9 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Suspect this is highly significant:

Trying to figure the complaint here. The M30A1 is a 2017+ production rocket, accurate and having a shrapnel warhead in place of a submunition warhead that had an unacceptable failure rate of the submunitions to explode and thus become a hazard. It’s basically a huge, pre-fragmented grenade with a 50 mile range and high accuracy. It would absolutely shatter an artillery position, for instance.

22 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The complaint in blue was coming from a Russian blogger who has been spinning it as a cluster bomb munition. That's probably just a sign that its use has already been having a devastating impact.

Yeah, it's not a cluster munition, and there are ways around the land mines treaty for cluster type munitions.

The Germans developed a MLRS munition that deploys AT mines which are made compliant to the landmines treaty (it has a timer that forces it to detonate between a few hours to a few weeks, and runs on a battery that runs out after that) which some twitter accounts reckon has been deployed to Ukraine.

Kadyrov claiming he's sending his teenage sons off to war. 

Minor age should not interfere with the training of the defenders of our Motherland. The grandchildren of the First President of the Chechen Republic, Hero of Russia Akhmat-Khadzhi Kadyrov - Akhmat, Eli and Adam are 16, 15 and 14 years old respectively. But their military training began a long time ago, almost from an early age. It's not enough just to know how to shoot. On the basis of the RUS, they are taught how to handle various weapons, how to use them at any distance, and the theoretical foundations. I always believed that the main goal of any father is to instill piety in his sons and teach them to protect the family, the people, the Fatherland. If you want peace, prepare for war!

Akhmat, Eli and Adam are ready to use their skills in the NWO zone. And I'm not kidding. It's time to show themselves in a real fight, and this is their desire, I only welcome. Soon they will go to the front line and will be on the most difficult sections of the line of contact.

I appeal to the idle talkers who claimed that my relatives do not take part in the SVO: in the near future you will have the opportunity to take positions with the guys and personally see that AKHMAT is POWER! Show on the spot your spirit, your ideology and what you are like in general. Prove that you are at least a little bit of a man.

I am also addressing you, the couch Chechen-speaking "warriors" who criticize us and sit in front of computers in Europe. Come on, move to Ukraine, convince us that you don't wear skirts and don't hide behind them. We are convinced that even underage children will be able to crush you to smithereens, because you have neither spirit, nor honor, nor dignity. Wait!

Taking this guy's pronouncements at face value would not be sensible but still interesting that he would say this:

suggests they were just testing to see if the West would cave into all the implied nuclear threats and tell the Ukrainians they had to make a deal. Problem for Vlad and his inner circle is that if you lead a regime staffed largely by glorified street thugs you are expected to follow through on your threats or you lose face big time.