Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

1 hour ago, Binos said:

It was part of a sovereign state

I understand all of that.  Putin was a big fan of the Soviet Union and his complaint is when 1 country suddenly became 15 countries and a lot of unimportant internal borders suddenly became international borders.

I understand where he is coming from even if I don't agree with him.

25 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Am I being overly dramatic in fearing this could well snowball into a World War?

Yes.  During the Cold War, the USA and the Soviet Union went to enormous lengths to avoid directly fighting each other even if their proxies suffered a lot.  Same again here.

16 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Yes.  During the Cold War, the USA and the Soviet Union went to enormous lengths to avoid directly fighting each other even if their proxies suffered a lot.  Same again here.

World war isn't going to happen but war is possible? What about Syria? It's the same thing.

1 minute ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

World war isn't going to happen but war is possible? What about Syria? It's the same thing.

Syria has been an ally of Russia for years.  Unlike Brexit Britain, Russia is less than keen to reduce its sphere of influence.

Syria is a mess.  The assumption was that you get rid of the current ruler and then  the situation will fix itself.  Didn't work in Iraq, or Libya, or anywhere actually.

8 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

What democracy?

Russia wants to remain independent from the USA. That's all.

Anne doesn't mention the money that the USA want to make when they take over Russia. Lot's to be made.

Ukraine has called for a meeting with Russia and other members of a key European security group over the escalating tensions on its border.

Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba said Russia had ignored formal requests to explain the build-up of troops.

He said the "next step" was requesting a meeting within the next 48 hours for "transparency" about Russia's plans.

Russia has denied any plans to invade Ukraine despite the build-up of some 100,000 soldiers on Ukraine's borders.

image.jpeg.52a4197bf2b4ce83483486a77fc19cc1.jpeg