Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

17 minutes ago, Detournement said:

This lines up with what has been said on Telegram for a few weeks now. It's crazy that Ukraine isn't retreating. 

When you say "crazy" in this situation it strikes as quite odd that you've never applied the same language for the thousands of Russians that have been put through the meat grinder and have forward marched "to Kiev" into death and oblivion. 

I'd say based on what we've seen so far although unfortunate that Ukraine are willing to take such losses over territory and wider tactical ambitions it's objectively far less crazy than what's already happened. 

People defending their land and dying = crazy. 

People invading others land and dying = Realpolitik

Edited by Albus Bulbasaur

32 minutes ago, Ervin H Burrell said:

Not really. We're not sending billions upons billions of weaponry for them to do stuff like retreating or negotiating.

Surely "we" would also be content if Ukraine negotiated a peace settlement on their terms no? 

I doubt the US or UK would agitate for more war if Ukraine was content and Russia has left Ukraine. 

Edited by Albus Bulbasaur

19 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Surely "we" would also be content if Ukraine negotiated a peace settlement on their terms no? 

I doubt the US or UK would agitate for more war if Ukraine was content and Russia has left Ukraine. 

I think the West is perfectly content to fight Russia to the last Ukrainian.

44 minutes ago, Ervin H Burrell said:

Not really. We're not sending billions upons billions of weaponry for them to do stuff like retreating or negotiating.

Do agree with this. Only thing is though, to me, I just think that all these supplied weapons have already been paid for by each individual country and they are all just desperate to see them deployed on a battlefield that does not involve them. If certain weapons are effective then the supplying countries will buy more but if they’re duffers then they won’t buy them.

Ukrainians are not fighting because we asked them too. Only Putin arse lickers claim that.

They are fighting because they want too. Its their country. 

We have provided them a small portion of the weapons they needed to even up the material difference to match their moral willingness to fight Russia's huge material superiority. 

They want to fight the Russians. Only a c**t would pretend otherwise. 

2 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

Ukrainians are not fighting because we asked them too. Only Putin arse lickers claim that.

We have provided them a small portion of the weapons they needed to even up the material difference to match their moral willingness to fight Russia's huge material superiority. 

Only one O in to champ.

8 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Its crazy that Russia isnt retreating. 

That's made up nonsense though. 

It's an average of 300 Russian soldiers a day during the war which is unrealistic considering the fire power advantage Russia holds. The confirmed POW ratio taking into account unequal exchanges is currently 10 Ukranians to every 1 Russian. That obviously includes the big surrenders in Mariupol but it's possible there are also 10,000 Ukranian KIA just from that one city. 

Ukraine continually sending territorial units to the front lines in Donbass to get slaughtered by artillery and Russian special forces with hi tech equipment is about international PR more than the national interest.

4 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

I think the same applies if you swap out "the West" with Ukraine. 

Aye. There's undoubtedly hundreds of thousands of brave folk willing to do that. There's probably others that are desperate for a ceasefire and for this war to end.

17 minutes ago, Ervin H Burrell said:

Aye. There's undoubtedly hundreds of thousands of brave folk willing to do that. There's probably others that are desperate for a ceasefire and for this war to end.

I agree and feel like the Russians are definitely feeling the same way. 

I'd imagine defending your homeland is probably slightly more motivational than invading another territory and I don't think Ukraine needs the West to push them into doing so at this point. 

8 hours ago, dorlomin said:

Couldn't  both be true?

9 hours ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

I agree and feel like the Russians are definitely feeling the same way. 

I'd imagine defending your homeland is probably slightly more motivational than invading another territory and I don't think Ukraine needs the West to push them into doing so at this point. 

Ukraine doesn't need the West pushing them into a forever war that leaves their state destroyed and their military entirely dependent on foreign aid, but here we are.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jun/09/it-is-in-the-best-interests-of-ukraine-and-the-west-to-end-this-war-as-soon-as-possible

10 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Its crazy that Russia isnt retreating. 

Because Russia is historically adverse to the principle of trading soldiers' lives for territorial/strategic gains. 🤡 🤡 🤡

That hot take could only emerge from a society whose armies prefer to hide behind the Channel and get others to fight, until they can step in for the victory lap. 

Edited by vikingTON