Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

9 hours ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Any of you dead pool guys have highly decorated Russian Gen. Maj. Vitaly Gerassimov (chief of staff of the 41 Army)? reportedly "liquidated" in Kharkiv this evening.

Confirmation of his death was said to have been an intercepted telephone call from a FSB officer calling his boss via a local sim card because they have no secure comms.

I’ve had “Motorolla” and Zakharchenko as captains in the past. Both brutally murdered, the former blown up by a bomb in a lift, so qualified for the “unnatural causes” bonus. I can’t believe Navalniy is still alive either. 

2 hours ago, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

Not only is our governments response to the Ukrainian refugee crisis woefully inadequate, but we're also mewling at Ireland for letting too many in.

Official petition here, get it over a million and it might embarrass them a tiny bit.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/609530

10 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

TIme to pull all your money out of gas and plough it into vests and scarves IMO. 

Winter is almost over so Vlad's timing wasn't the greatest in leverage terms. What high prices are going to do is ramp up fracking in the United States so Europe's various LNG terminals are probably going to be very busy. The Dutch also have huge reserves in the Groningen area that they have been avoiding exploiting in recent years that could be ramped up again in production terms.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/mar/08/russia-ukraine-war-possible-trajectories

The only major flaw in this analysis is its assumption that a puppet regime being installed will be an inevitable outcome of the conflict. 

The US' relative detachment from the conflict is probably the biggest force acting against the moronic clamours for military escalation. 

8 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
17 minutes ago, coprolite said:
If the wife would stop putting the heating on with the windows open i reckon we could do this by Thursday 

Windows down, heating on full blast!

When I see things like that I realise that I have turned into my Dad. 

"just wondering why nobody is in the living room but the telly and 4 lights are on..." 

"yes, quite right, probably best to keep the heating on when we're out all day, wouldn't want that spider in the hall to get cold". 

The number of times I heard the words "Blackpoll illuminations" when I was growing up... 😁 Now my sons and wife hear it too. 

Edited by Salt n Vinegar

15 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Winter is almost over so Vlad's timing wasn't the greatest in leverage terms. What high prices are going to do is ramp up fracking in the United States so Europe's various LNG terminals are probably going to be very busy. The Dutch also have huge reserves in the Groningen area that they have been avoiding exploiting in recent years that could be ramped up again in production terms.

Gazprom doing a "just saying" tweet.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

This is significant if it happens:

I imagine if they cut 80% this year it will be a 100% cut this year. There is no chance of either happening imo. 

We are months away from columnists telling us we are doing Putin's bidding by complaining about inflation. When the knock on effects of inflation lead to business closures, reduced hours and unemployment things will get very ugly. 

Edited by Detournement

7 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I imagine if they cut 80% this year it will be a 100% cut this year. There is no chance of either happening imo. 

We are months away from columnists telling us we are doing Putin's bidding by complaining about inflation. When the knock on effects of inflation lead to business closures, reduced hours and unemployment things will get very ugly. 

Green will be the new Red, the nuclear lobby will paint anyone who is against them as Putin fanatics. Unless they are colour blind, in which case Red will be the new Green.