Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

Hell of a rattle

Clicky

"Russia has positioned about 130,000 troops - equipped with everything from tanks and artillery to ammunition and air power"

Always handy to have ammunition if you're planning an invasion, I suppose.

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

"Russia has positioned about 130,000 troops - equipped with everything from tanks and artillery to ammunition and air power"

Always handy to have ammunition if you're planning an invasion, I suppose.

I'm glad they've taken ammunition. It'd be a bit of a riddy if they'd forgotten that.

The Russian State Duma recognises DNR and LNR and Russian Army drops the pretence of not being stationed there is about as far as this is likely to go unless Kiev completely loses the plot. What destabilised the situation was that Ukraine has been strengthening economically and militarily in recent years and now cooperates closely with Turkey on military drones so could now credibly attempt to do to the DNR and LNR what Azerbaijan just did to Nagorno-Karabakh.

The western media often portrays Vladimir Putin as some kind of strategic genuis but after he invaded and annexed Crimea he managed to move from having a Ukraine that was wary of NATO and often tended to tilt east at the ballot box towards one that now has a solidly pro-western electorate. Without the invasion by the little green men there's a fair to middling chance Ukraine would have eventually elected another Viktor Yanukovych type candidate like they did in the second set of elections after the Orange Revolution.

Edited by LongTimeLurker