Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

Just now, TxRover said:

I agree…but they suggested a ceding of territory, which Ukraine has rightly rejected, despite appeasers like VT suggesting otherwise. Awaiting another red dot and hysterical response.

Where did they suggest this? I haven't seen any details. 

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Where did they suggest this? I haven't seen any details. 

The first point of the Chinese plan talks about respecting international boundaries, but China has already recognized Crimea as being part of Russia…

"We are against any nationality gaining independence through referendums. As far as Crimea is concerned, it has very special features. We know well the history of Crimea's affiliation. ... China reacts with full understanding to the challenges and threats Russia has faced in connection with the Ukrainian issue and supports Moscow's approach to its settlement." (2014)

Edited by TxRover

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

The first point of the Chinese plan talks about respecting international boundaries, but China has already recognized Crimea as being part of Russia…

"We are against any nationality gaining independence through referendums. As far as Crimea is concerned, it has very special features. We know well the history of Crimea's affiliation. ... China reacts with full understanding to the challenges and threats Russia has faced in connection with the Ukrainian issue and supports Moscow's approach to its settlement." (2014)

Presumably that's from 2014 so not much of a clue about what they're thinking about now. And I very much doubt that Ukraine would place a forced occupation of Crimea over an unwilling population as a red line over a peace settlement.

Reports that Ukraine have pushed Russian forces away from the single supply road into Bakhmut, meaning they can no longer directly fire on it. This strengthens the Ukrainian position in the town and means resupply is much easier.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

I agree…but they suggested a ceding of territory, which Ukraine has rightly rejected, despite appeasers like VT suggesting otherwise. Awaiting another red dot and hysterical response.

Please identify where in the 12 Points China suggested "a ceding of territory". 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Think you'll find they have never formally recognised Crimea as part of Russia.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Think you'll find they have never formally recognised Crimea as part of Russia.

China has tap danced around a number of statements made about not recognizing referendums to change boundaries, but still not backed off its 2014 statement about the Russian situation in Crimea being different. It consistently abstained/abstains on any vote to condemn Russian aggression in Crimea and Ukraine, while noting this case (the Russian one) is “different”. There is a difference between de facto recognition and formal recognition…see Taiwan…

11 hours ago, TxRover said:

Try reading for comprehension versus argumentation. Asked and answered above.

11 hours ago, TxRover said:

China has tap danced around a number of statements made about not recognizing referendums to change boundaries, but still not backed off its 2014 statement about the Russian situation in Crimea being different. It consistently abstained/abstains on any vote to condemn Russian aggression in Crimea and Ukraine, while noting this case (the Russian one) is “different”. There is a difference between de facto recognition and formal recognition…see Taiwan…

I see that you still haven't answered that very straightforward request. Let's try again:

10 hours ago, virginton said:

I see that you still haven't answered that very straightforward request. Let's try again:

Please identify where I said it did. I didn’t.

4 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Interesting to see what sort of viewpoints are allowed on Russian state TV at the moment.

What does your average Russian football fan make of it, I wonder? no prospect of getting back into UEFA competition soon. most/all of the foreign stars will have left (Zenit had a bunch).  "This is fucking shit" presumably.

27 minutes ago, Duszek said:

What does your average Russian football fan make of it, I wonder? no prospect of getting back into UEFA competition soon. most/all of the foreign stars will have left (Zenit had a bunch).  "This is fucking shit" presumably.

Wonder if there's a "Pirozhki and Borscht" forum? 🤔

1 hour ago, Duszek said:

I checked transfermarkt just now and the influx of foreign players seems at the normal rate. Players are still being signed from clubs in western Europe too so Russian football clubs must not be included in sanctions. As you say, though, Zenit and the other elite Russian clubs can't offer Champions League football and that'll be affecting the calibre of foreign player they can attract.

Edited by FreedomFarter

On 25/03/2023 at 23:14, Sweet Pete said:

Seems a few of the main US fundraisers for the Ukrainian foreign legion have been telling porky pies about their backgrounds, military service and where the donations go.

https://t.co/ocf7exIJzn

I mentioned this a while back and was accused by a US poster on here of being a Russian troll who's been playing the long game by signing up for this website in the early 2000s, so let me just state for the avoidance of doubt that I have no opinion either way, nor any preferred Eastern European nation. I'm simply intrigued by this story which has been unfolding piece by piece (mainly tweet by tweet) for many months now, which is finally coming together.

Not surprised at all with that James Vasquez c**t, seen his twitter pop up quite a few months ago and a quick scan through was all that was needed to confirm he's a c**t.