Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

USA's rivalry with China is going to continue to grow and we in Western Europe will be encouraged by USA to take their side in that rivalry. Whether we should do that or not and the merits of each side is an interesting discussion, I think. So aye, I gave it a read. It's only loosely related to the Russian slaughter in Ukraine, though, so I'm not saying lets have another 10 pages of it.

3 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Count your blessings, at least the QH is busy elsewhere.

Careful, I’ve been keeping VT tied up in the Big History thread as a way of apologizing for the hijack here.

Edited by TxRover

4 hours ago, MazzyStar said:

What a load of pish. 

The false equivalence between Taiwan and Algeria, Ethiopia and Kaliningrad is laughable. You also never specified you were only talking about international courts that deal with marine issues rather than international courts writ large. 

Also, what does this have to do with Russia? I never claimed China should be able to what it wants with regards to the South China Sea.

As for “tossing the toys out the pram”, you seem to be the only doing so because America is being criticised. 

The fact the occupation of Hawaii and Guam started before international courts existed doesn’t matter considering the occupations continue to this day. 

I doubt people in the region ,Vietnam and Indonesia especially, think that it’s “better the devil you know” when it comes to the US. 

Maybe if Pelosi didn’t visit Taiwan and if Blinken hadn’t cancelled a trip to China because of a balloon the situation between the US and China wouldn’t be so intense.

Both sides have done things to provoke these tensions but you would have to be very biased to suggest it’s China that is the party mainly at fault, considering the trade war was started by the US and the almost constant anti Chinese sentiment put out by the US media.

I shouldn’t bother responding but, Indonesia have clearly stated they do not want to be party to any of the shit between China and US and have been the only country to really take a military stand against China.

Vietnam have been much closer to the US for years.

Chinas actions in the region have been going on for a long time now and pre-date any of the more recent trade war. It’s not as simple nor recent as you wish to paint it. And again, the US are a huge problem, but you should be a little more concerned about China. Look at them like the arse cheeks of the Old firm. They are both detestable. 

Anyway. Back to the Russia/Ukraine thingy or much more importantly figuring out what constitutes a tank!

5 hours ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

I shouldn’t bother responding but, Indonesia have clearly stated they do not want to be party to any of the shit between China and US and have been the only country to really take a military stand against China.

Vietnam have been much closer to the US for years.

Chinas actions in the region have been going on for a long time now and pre-date any of the more recent trade war. It’s not as simple nor recent as you wish to paint it. And again, the US are a huge problem, but you should be a little more concerned about China. Look at them like the arse cheeks of the Old firm. They are both detestable. 

Anyway. Back to the Russia/Ukraine thingy or much more importantly figuring out what constitutes a tank!

Ask a Pars fan?

Or ask the guy that bought an M1 Abrams on Facebook Marketplace…

15 hours ago, TxRover said:

Since the Philippines have marines aboard a clapped out boat, rusting on an atoll, in the area, they think more than that.

Based on living here (the Philippines) for more than 8 years now I can say confidently that it may be a daily topic of conversation for your guys over there but it is far from that over here. 

21 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Based on living here (the Philippines) for more than 8 years now I can say confidently that it may be a daily topic of conversation for your guys over there but it is far from that over here. 

As long as the Red Horse and Emperador flows!