Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

40 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Wouldn't surprise me, given ordinary tanks need a crowd to walk behind them In case they get stuck, or actually fire one of their cannony things.

I suppose it's better for the poor infantry to have a self-propelled cannon than having to drag it across a muddy field. I hear tanks aren't that good on muddy fields though.. 

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I suppose it's better for the poor infantry to have a self-propelled cannon than having to drag it across a muddy field. I hear tanks aren't that good on muddy fields though.. 

My research (watching old films) leads me to conclude tank technology has got worse. They seemed to go head to head blowing lumps out each other and driving through buildings before. Tanks these days would be tipped over if they ran over a beach ball.

2 minutes ago, The DA said:

Tank drivers tend to sit at the front, Sarge.  I'm starting to think you were never actually in the Army!

How dare you. I think we've learned that all the technology is different, what with tanks, things that look like tanks, all sorts of doo-hickey going on, I can't be expected to remember everything.

Just now, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

He made gravy under gunfire you know.

See the source image

Strangely enough, that's exactly what my grandfather did in the war.  He was a cook with the 8th Army all the way up Italy.  When he was demobbed, he never cooked again!

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

How dare you. I think we've learned that all the technology is different, what with tanks, things that look like tanks, all sorts of doo-hickey going on, I can't be expected to remember everything.

Or anything.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

image.thumb.jpeg.3a15f8dbc33af89184a7a0e4fc2ba552.jpeg

1 hour ago, The DA said:

Tank drivers tend to sit at the front, Sarge.  I'm starting to think you were never actually in the Army!

There’s his picture.

Girkin’s latest update, dripping with sarcasm.

image.thumb.png.ae6df6daa1a2da461417e2fc7b9d89c9.png

image.thumb.png.8ed0bf911ba66e9a2bcb0b001c864136.png

it is funny but always worth remembering that Girkin is responsible, personally and directly, for hundreds of deaths, including the shoot down of MH17.