Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

16 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Starks Park giving the Rovers a bending over.

Well there is that yes, not sure our resident Arachnophobe has much to worry about this Season.. Next season maybe, but from my pov, they are the lesser of 2 evils right now, the thought of Trading Places with our County Cousins gives me more fear than anything the Spiders could do.

I am warming to you oaksoft lad, this really should not be happening but here we are. Keep up the good work, Sarge has done heehaw wrong throughout his career except for deferring to that blithering fool in exchange for a favourable Mortgage rate.

Three cheers for all our little Kate Adies reporting from the front lines of #warinukraine Twitter

Regurgitating those feeds into the General Nonsense thread of a Scottish football forum is important and worthy work.

I have long suspected Sgt Wilson isn't a man to be taken seriously 

38 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Three cheers for all our little Kate Adies reporting from the front lines of #warinukraine Twitter

Regurgitating those feeds into the General Nonsense thread of a Scottish football forum is important and worthy work.

I'm not one for white-knighting but you take that back...

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

His clever ploy is obviously working...

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

Whilst not being at all confident in the levels of sarcasm employed in your post, I'd invite you to list those contributors to this site that in your opinion we should take seriously ...

1 hour ago, sophia said:

Whilst not being at all confident in the levels of sarcasm employed in your post, I'd invite you to list those contributors to this site that in your opinion we should take seriously ...

Probably Hee and Haw.

4 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

He might, just possibly, be at the capers

Drifted off from this sometime back in September. We're obviously all still alive (mostly), but any sign of nuclear armageddon yet?

Really hoping they get death done before Christmas, as I haven't bothered buying presents this year, and it might be a bit embarrassing.

3 hours ago, BFTD said:

Drifted off from this sometime back in September. We're obviously all still alive (mostly), but any sign of nuclear armageddon yet? ...

Isn't just the nuclear angle that's on the line with this. It's basically WWIII by proxy over who dominates geostrategically for the next few decades. If Vlad wins the West isn't going to have it's own way to anything like the extent it has been used to and that could make life considerably less pleasant in future even for the know your station in life if you speak with a glottal stop rather than like Jacob Rees Mogg brigade.

On another topic not related to that reply, I found this clip quite interesting as it probably helps explain why the Ukrainians aren't making much progress where Svatove is concerned:

6 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Isn't just the nuclear angle that's on the line with this. It's basically WWIII by proxy over who dominates geostrategically for the next few decades. If Vlad wins the West isn't going to have it's own way to anything like the extent it has been used to and that could make life considerably less pleasant in future even for the know your station in life if you speak with a glottal stop rather than like Jacob Rees Mogg brigade.

On another topic not related to that reply, I found this clip quite interesting as it probably helps explain why the Ukrainians aren't making much progress where Svatove is concerned:

^^^

hnMp9-.gif

A Russian channel (Veterans Notes) has written about the situation where the Russian soldiers were killed while surrendering.

The video shows 11 or 12 soldiers surrendering when one of them opened fire. According to this, a whole battalion of mobilised Russian troops tried to surrender to four Ukrainian troops.

7E762398-DDBD-4B79-8600-16CC375D1EEF.thumb.png.905225258c35bcf9febc6eac6e8e427a.png

Always worth taking these reports with a pinch or more of salt of course.