Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Bush and Blair declared Iraq as part of sovereign UK and/or US territory did they?

They threatened to nuke other countries did they?

Others are right. You are on the wind up here. You absolutely have to be.

Well played. That's all I can say. 😂

Maybe he is, or he isn't, but you've chosen the wrong thing to defend.

Like Putin, Blair lied to the people of his country about it all.  British troops were straighforwardlt invaders

and occupiers of someone else's country.  And in the end,  all the occupiers were forced out.

31 minutes ago, jagfox said:

It's the SPD that's in power though. The optics of German panzers manned by Ukrainian nationalists who idolise Stepan Bandera rolling into the Donbas brings back certain unfortunate historical memories but think things have reached a point where it's time for people to move on and turn the page and embrace the geopolitics of the 2020s as opposed to the 1940s.

If Nordstream is gone for good the Germans very much need Ukraine to win outright now complete with Crimea's offshore gas fields and the big shale gas play between Izium and Lysychansk. Vlad is truly moronic in his decision making if he sent in the divers to the sea around Bornholm but some of his other recent decisions provide strong evidence for that being the case.

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

Feel free to quote any posts where I'm supportive of Putin.

I was more referring to your laws of war illiterate post that looked like you had typed it with your head.

I don't think your anger is healthy

I wouldn't worry too much about that, as about 90% of the rage on this thread/social media is purely performative. 

I don’t know the chap but I’m guessing he has some significant ties. If so, I expect he’s been under a wee bit of duress for the last 6 months or so.  Cutting him some slack to vent on an anonymous Scottish football forum doesn’t seem the biggest gift. 

8 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
29 minutes ago, alta-pete said:
I think his handle might be a clue as to why…

...he wants everyone to have to jump through hoops to understand his post?

You just right click on it and choose translate, I don't get the fuss. He's got friends over there he's about to go and visit, some of them aren't around anymore.