Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Again, this dodges the question.

How high are we, the public, prepared to allow our energy bills to climb for the sake of Ukraine?

It doesn't. It's  quite clear, if it's an either or, Ukraine would be hung out to dry. Maybe the winter will see more questions. 

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It doesn't. It's  quite clear, if it's an either or, Ukraine would be hung out to dry. Maybe the winter will see more questions. 

The only questions this winter will see being asked is how much help the Government are going to be handing out to offset the increases. Questioning the root cause will remain completely taboo.

Stunned to See Todd's stance on Ukraine is almost identical to his Covid stance ie this is having an effect on my life personally so get it stopped. For scientists / govt now read "The West".

It's an amazingly simplistic and narrow view on life, you really need to look at a massive bigger picture here.

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Stunned to See Todd's stance on Ukraine is almost identical to his Covid stance ie this is having an effect on my life personally so get it stopped. For scientists / govt now read "The West".

It's an amazingly simplistic and narrow view on life, you really need to look at a massive bigger picture here.

I mean, pretty much everything I said about Covid restrictions ended up being correct so I'm not entirely sure what point you are trying to make here.

Massive Bigger Picture ≠ What looks good.

Ending the war in Ukraine ASAP is clearly what the preferred outcome for everyone is, so again I'm not sure what point you are making.

To use your analogy, though, Ukraine winning this war, and, in doing so, claiming back the territory it has lost is the new "Zero Covid".

Reports, videos and photographs of explosions at the Saki Airbase in Crimea.  This is the base of a Naval Attack Aviation Regiment.  it is around 250km from Ukrainian held territory so a bit of a puzzle about how they were hit, assuming Ukraine did it.

That's putting it mildly. Check out the Kerch bridge on that map in relation to the frontline south of Zaporizhzhia in distance terms relative to what presumably happened with the attack on the airbase. Not too much further.

FZuTCLJXEAIdSab?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by LongTimeLurker

I mean, pretty much everything I said about Covid restrictions ended up being correct so I'm not entirely sure what point you are trying to make here.
Massive Bigger Picture ≠ What looks good.
Ending the war in Ukraine ASAP is clearly what the preferred outcome for everyone is, so again I'm not sure what point you are making.
To use your analogy, though, Ukraine winning this war, and, in doing so, claiming back the territory it has lost is the new "Zero Covid".
Ah another one advocating Ukraine just roll over and let Russia take what it wants all because.... my gas is going up.

Latest appears to be that it was indigenous Ukrainian weaponry probably based on the Neptune anti-ship missiles that took out the Moskva:

maybe this only now became feasible because of the anti-radar missiles that the Americans provided:

taking out Russian air defences.

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Not the only surprisingly long-range strike today apparently and there's presumably no way an anti-ship missile did this other one given the location…

The only problem with that presumption is that an anti-ship missile CAN do just that. The Russians have been using anti-ship missiles repurposed for land attack. The accuracy is likely somewhat degraded, but needs must…

On 07/04/2022 at 19:34, sophia said:

You name will also go on the list 

@Elixir

@Blue Brazil Forever

@Firefoxer 

@steve55 

@Captain Saintsible 

@Detournement

9 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

This argument doesn't hold up as nobody gives a f**k when anyone else invades their neighbour.

How high are we, the public, prepared to allow our energy bills to climb for the sake of Ukraine?

7 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

I mean, pretty much everything I said about Covid restrictions ended up being correct 

Your name will also go on the list, what is it?