Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

The world is going to absolutely seething when the Jocks pump Ukraine in a couple of weeks time imo.

If those in charge had any sense they would have let Ukraine advance to the finals automatically and allowed us and the mutton molesters to play off.

What difference would one more team make in a unique World Cup played at a terrible time of year, bought by bribery, and stadiums constructed by workers who were nothing more than slaves and whom many lost their lives.

Not to mention a regime that's views of homosexuality should have seem them banned from hosting anything.

Anyway I digress, but Ukraine should have been permitted entry to show how the "football family" unites.

4 minutes ago, Tynie Nickleby said:

If those in charge had any sense they would have let Ukraine advance to the finals automatically and allowed us and the mutton molesters to play off.

What difference would one more team make in a unique World Cup played at a terrible time of year, bought by bribery, and stadiums constructed by workers who were nothing more than slaves and whom many lost their lives.

Not to mention a regime that's views of homosexuality should have seem them banned from hosting anything.

Aye, but apart from that...

1 hour ago, Tynie Nickleby said:

Anyway I digress, but Ukraine should have been permitted entry to show how the "football family" unites.

Na, f**k ‘em.

One of my colleagues is a bit of a leftie so a long time ago I set his contact ringtone to the Russian anthem. As you do. Had to change it last week after one too many dirty looks and comments.

33 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Can it go a bit higher?

Probably but not good from a radar evasion standpoint if it does as I am sure you are well aware my Airdire supporting friend. The outer edge of the claimed range means that anything coming out of Sebastopol should be in range from Odesa if somebody with access to a military satellite passes along the coordinates to target. No idea how good Russian missile defences would be against this but it appears to be the best that the Israelis have so maybe they are hoping to boost weapons sales by having the Ukrainians do another Moskva but with their system this time. Israel has to worry about what Russia will give the Syrians so this is a surprising development.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

14 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Probably but not good from a radar evasion standpoint if it does as I am sure you are well aware my Airdire supporting friend. The outer edge of the claimed range means that anything coming out of Sebastopol should be in range from Odesa if somebody with access to a military satellite passes along the coordinates to target. No idea how good Russian missile defences would be against this but it appears to be the best that the Israelis have so maybe they are hoping to boost weapons sales by having the Ukrainians do another Moskva but with their system this time. Israel has to worry about what Russia will give the Syrians so this is a surprising development.

Don't think anyone gives a shit about Russian weapons any more. They're about 30 years behind the West. 

The Mayor of Kharkiv is stating that Russian forces have been pushed back out of range of the city.  Essentially, the Ukrainians have won the Battle of Kharkiv.  There have been some missile strikes on the city but artillery seems to be no longer a threat.