Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

The only possible positive I can interpret from Vlad standing up there and spouting pure shite reasoning for the invasion is that it leaves the door open for fabricating an utter nonsense definition of "job done lads, let's all go home victorious"

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The only possible positive I can interpret from Vlad standing up there and spouting pure shite reasoning for the invasion is that it leaves the door open for fabricating an utter nonsense definition of "job done lads, let's all go home victorious"

That's what I thought. It was all "haud me back, I could kill you if a wanted".

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

The only interesting thing is that several fly pasts scheduled for the celebrations were cancelled. 

Russia cancels military flyovers of fighter planes and helicopters in this year's victory day parade due to "bad weather". I dont know dudes... looks f**king sunny to me.

Bad weather apparently. 

Tbf, that looks like a particularly vicious wee cloud in the background. 

I was on holiday in Romania last week and we went down towards a place called Mamia, near Constanta.

On the way we saw a massive convoy of NATO vehicles and weapons heading (presumably) towards the Ukraine border. That stuff was massive and it’s probably the closest I’ve been to seeing modern day weaponry. 

7 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I was on holiday in Romania last week and we went down towards a place called Mamia, near Constanta.

On the way we saw a massive convoy of NATO vehicles and weapons heading (presumably) towards the Ukraine border. That stuff was massive and it’s probably the closest I’ve been to seeing modern day weaponry. 

You'd think Russia would have total satellite coverage of the region and fire off cruise missiles to take them out as soon as they crossed the border. It seems not. 

16 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

There is/was some sort of secret MoD base in the fields in a secret location somewhere between Wellwood and Kelty and we’d sometimes pass all sorts of military hardware coming the other way when on the bus to school. Went by this huge missile one morning on the back of a truck with a tarpaulin draped over some of it. Quite freaky to see it up close and think of the damage it could do.

52 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

When were you last at Celtic Park or Ibrox?

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

Russia cancels military flyovers of fighter planes and helicopters in this year's victory day parade due to "bad weather". I dont know dudes... looks f**king sunny to me.

Bad weather apparently. 

Tbf, that looks like a particularly vicious wee cloud in the background. 

Obviously being organised by the same folk that do the Scottish Air Show.

Got tickets to sell? Concorde/Vulcan Bomber/BoB Flypast is coming. Chances of seeing it appear on the day? Nil. Invariably put down to 'weather', and nothing to do with the fuel and maintenance costs of flying it to Jockoland from whichever English aerodrome is home.

Edited by Boo Khaki