Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

Russian forces released the motor of a UK made Brimstone missile. It looks like the UK has rushed through a surfaced launched conversion kit.

If the Russians thought thought NLAW was frightening !

FSFPwPUWYAEquar.jpeg.jpg

Reports that Russian forces have advanced to the outskirts of Severdonetsk, a n important target for them.

At the same time, Ukrainian forces are counter attacking in Kharkiv, pushing Russian forces back from the city. They are also attacking around Izyum, which is a major hub for Russian logistics in the Donbas.

Definitely two very conflicting narratives now on the Admiral Makarov:

or

Having had an irate officer of the Russian army yelling at me in Moscow for taking a picture of the hotel I was staying in which turned out to be owned by the MoD and hence technically a military installation, I'm skeptical it's easy to take a picture like that. When he realised I wasn't Russian he continued to go through the motions of fiercely berating me but was actually smiling as he did so. Didn't wind up in the Lubyanka or anything like that. Doubt he would have been so laid back during  war oops I mean special military operation time. 

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Sevastopol bay is a busy commercial port though, not a Navy facility, so I would think it wouldn't be too difficult to just whip out your phone while you are onboard a piece of typical commercial traffic and grab a pic. It's not like the Russians can 'hide' ships in port from anyone who is interested in knowing where things are anyway, so it's difficult to imagine they'd devote the sort of resources required to patrol an enormous bay just to prevent randoms taking the odd snapshot. Who knows if that is Admiral Makarov though, and even if it is, there's no guarantee that pic was taken recently.

12 minutes ago, Leggy Blonde said:

According to Ukraine all the woman, children and elderly have been evacuated from the Azovstal steel plant. 

Is there any numbers on how many fighters are left inside the Avostal plant? Don't know if the folk that have left have been asked to kept information about inside to a minimum.

According to Ukraine all the woman, children and elderly have been evacuated from the Azovstal steel plant. 
If there are nothing but soldiers in that large, sprawling complex with underground tunnels etc, and Russia want it, this would be the liklest time I could imagine for a battlefield nuke.

Sort of, if they don't do it there, they won't do it anywhere feeling.

If there are nothing but soldiers in that large, sprawling complex with underground tunnels etc, and Russia want it, this would be the liklest time I could imagine for a battlefield nuke.

Tomorrow is the big date for Russia is it not?

12 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Is there any numbers on how many fighters are left inside the Avostal plant? Don't know if the folk that have left have been asked to kept information about inside to a minimum.

Got to feel for some of these youngsters who thought it might be cool to get a swastika tattoo one night in Odessa. Especially the wounded.

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Is it not the Chechens that are doing the donkey work in Mauripol? Maybe he's looking for them to clear it. No major casualties for Russia and a nice pat on the head and good propoganda for Kadyrov.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Got to feel for some of these youngsters who thought it might be cool to get a swastika tattoo one night in Odessa. Especially the wounded.

Yeah I have no time for the Azov Battalion. I was saying their negative involvement wasn't a good look for the Ukraine freedom fighters angle in the media. Russia had basically used these one or two armed football hooligan mobs to sell they're aggression.

Is it not the Chechens that are doing the donkey work in Mauripol? Maybe he's looking for them to clear it. No major casualties for Russia and a nice pat on the head and good propoganda for Kadyrov.
Maybe, but the West are almost at the point of open conflict with Russia. There's no subtlety in it anymore. My concern is that Putin does eventually feel he needs to follow through with one of his many threats.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
11 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Maybe, but the West are almost at the point of open conflict with Russia. There's no subtlety in it anymore. My concern is that Putin does eventually feel he needs to follow through with one of his many threats

Think a tactical nuke would blow it into WW3. The Russians might go for it as they are getting shown up on a global level and the West may decide f**k it if the rest of their weapons are poor we go for it. Think it will eventually come to a point of full on NATO v Russia. Hopefully I'm in Thailand when it gets hot 😁