Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

Just now, MuckleMoo said:
7 minutes ago, Welly boy said:
I see Nicola Sturgeon thinks BBC Reporter Clive Myrie is an unsung hero. So does standing on a roof top reporting the news whilst at a safe distance make you an unsung hero? 

Hero might be pushing it a bit but I'm damn sure I wouldn't be fucking doing it

Neither would I, too fucking cold up there.

4 minutes ago, Welly boy said:

I see Nicola Sturgeon thinks BBC Reporter Clive Myrie is an unsung hero. So does standing on a roof top reporting the news whilst at a safe distance make you an unsung hero? 

Don't know. send your next post from the centre of Kyiv and I'll think about it.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Don't know. send your next post from the centre of Kyiv and I'll think about it.

If i worked for the BBC i would as they seem to follow some health and safety, Sky news team on the other hand!!

Easy to say when you're not on said roof hearing explosions nearly every hour. But I suspect this is more a Sturgeon dig by a Sturgeon hater.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Regarding how shit the Russian military is, I listened to a great podcast about the war featuring an interview with Michael Kofman, who is an analyst of the Russian military.  He goes through reasons why the performance has been poor in some areas, better in others and one quote he had was that while he’s used to arguing that the Russian armed forces aren’t 12 feet tall, he’s now finding himself arguing that they aren’t 4 feet tall. The Russian army are capable of a military victory in this conflict - probably at an enormous human cost and in such a way that negate the political goals of Russias leaders, but a victory nonetheless.

I’d really recommend it, it’s the latest War On The Rocks podcast. Michael Kofman is a great follow on Twitter as well.

Rosha! (informative though)

Edited by welshbairn

12 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Hope this little facist c**t got taken round the back by the Ukrainian gold medallist and got his little facist face well and truly panned in.

Russian gymnast wears pro invasion symbol while competing - Daily Star

So how do you know he is a 'fascist'?

You do realise the Fascists' are in Ukraine?

As someone who in recent years spent a decent amount of time in a job barely making the living wage, I'd say I'm more able to judge than the I'm-sure-doing-absolutely-fine multi-banned weirdo captain sensible, and his supporters the free speech accountant and the former small business owner who spends his glorious retirement scolding the young online.

The people I worked with there were substantially more left leaning and anti-gammon than, for instance, those in the cushy middle class corporate job I have now which is full of I'm alright jack wankers. Ditto when I've worked in other low paid jobs earlier in life, although usually with young folk. But rule one of the culture war is create a version of the mystical working class in your own head so fair play.

4 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

As someone who in recent years spent a decent amount of time in a job barely making the living wage, I'd say I'm more able to judge than the I'm-sure-doing-absolutely-fine multi-banned weirdo captain sensible, and his supporters the free speech accountant and the former small business owner who spends his glorious retirement scolding the young online.

The people I worked with there were substantially more left leaning and anti-gammon than, for instance, those in the cushy middle class corporate job I have now which is full of I'm alright jack wankers. Ditto when I've worked in other low paid jobs earlier in life, although usually with young folk. But rule one of the culture war is create a version of the mystical working class in your own head so fair play.

The mystical version of the working class in the scenario you describe is always bigoted white people.

6 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Sturgeon needs to pipe down, this issue is for the grown ups.

3 hours ago, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

It's gone full covid thread in here now.

That thread has turned once entertaining contributors into Frank Doberman bores 

Zelensky has done a video from his office in central Kyiv, filming out of the window to show he’s still there.

I have no idea what he said as I don’t speak Ukrainian. I’m certain he was mainly talking about how bad the last few pages of this thread is.

21 minutes ago, steve55 said:

So how do you know he is a 'fascist'?

You do realise the Fascists' are in Ukraine?

Some people come on to this site with the sole intention off trolling, albeit not very well. Others come on with the intention of trying to be smart, but instead they end up highlighting just how monumentally stupid they are. 

Steve falls in to the latter of the two categories. 

Don't be like Steve. 

7 minutes ago, sophia said:

That thread has turned once entertaining contributors into Frank Doberman bores 

You’re the only fucking bore on this thread.