Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

17 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Pedantry, but Poland bought those Mig 29s from Germany, 22 of them for a whopping 1 Euro.

Germany's sending them a load of Soviet era Strela anti-aircraft missiles too that were written off in 2014 because they got corroded sitting in a warehouse for 35 years. According to the Telegraph anyway. I'm guessing Germany picked up load of stuff for free when the Berlin wall came down.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2022/03/04/anti-aircraft-missiles-germany-offered-ukraine-dont-work/

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Germany's sending them a load of Soviet era Strela anti-aircraft missiles too that were written off in 2014 because they got corroded sitting in a warehouse for 35 years. According to the Telegraph anyway.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2022/03/04/anti-aircraft-missiles-germany-offered-ukraine-dont-work/

They will take anything I'd assume. They are already using the Polish Piorun (heavily upgraded Russian Igla which in turn is an upgrade on the strela)

2 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

They will take anything I'd assume. They are already using the Polish Piorun (heavily upgraded Russian Igla which in turn is an upgrade on the strela)

Bonanza time for arms dealers with old stock to shift.

Imagine sitting back in light of the massive destruction and people fleeing their destroyed homes, pictures in all the media, a world on the brink of total war and thinking "around 50 visas" issued in the Ukraine Family Scheme is an acceptable figure.  Shower of scum (or Tory government as some might call them). 

58 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Poland will send Migs to Ukraine.  Those jets that they bought from Russia, will now be used to shoot down Russian jets.

Some historical precedent for Mig on Mig action...

12 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Israeli PM doesn’t sound hopeful, prepping Israel for immigration of Ukrainian Jews.

I wonder what the reaction would be if other countries were accepting fleeing Ukrainians based on their religious beliefs.

You'd like to think there was talks going on in the background somewhere regarding a hit squad being sent in to take out Putin and his cronies. I've seen talks of the power vacuums and the subsequent mess that countries have been left in after the shitshows of Iraq and Libya etc, but it's hard to imagine the threat to world peace being any worse than it is now after the current Kremlin incumbents have gone, Shirley?

31 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I wonder what the reaction would be if other countries were accepting fleeing Ukrainians based on their religious beliefs.

Israel accepts you on the basis of being a Jew by having a Jewish grandparent not religious belief. The post-Soviet wave of Jewish immigrants were so irreligious that Israel had to develop a pig farming industry to keep them all in bacon and pork.

Edited by ICTChris

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

Israel accepts you on the basis of being a Jew by heritage / ethnicity not religious belief. The post-Soviet wave of Jewish immigrants were so irreligious that Israel had to develop a pig farming industry to keep them all in bacon and pork.

So race rather than religion?

32 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

India changed their laws last year to do that, not specifically to Ukrainians of course.