Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I see Boris has a "6 point plan" being laid out. I just hope that one of those points doesn't include turning the UK into a Radiation ravaged wasteland as both He and Truss seem hellbent on goading Putin into attacking us.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he gets his wish as mad vlad decides to make an example of the wee island that nobody else likes......

Is point 1: give the Oligarchs weeks to move their money and hide their assets ?

That seems to be the current plan.

3 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Is point 1: give the Oligarchs weeks to move their money and hide their assets ?

Point 2 no sanctions if you have donated

Point 3 house of Lords for extra donation

Point 4 Visit places look important

Point 5 fruit picking for refugees

Point 6 Rinse and repeat

Nina Hossain just flew in two-footed on Dominic Raab on ITV News.

She was critical of how difficult the tory government are making it for Ukrainians to come here and pointed out Raab's old man was a Czech refugee who fled the nazis and came here and he was fucking raging with her. If he'd have been in the studio I'm sure he'd have backhanded her.

18 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Starmer to lobby tomorrow for the declaration of property window to be moved from 6 months to 28 days for this very reason.

Some discussion on various Russian linked sites about the outline of a settlement. I think neutrality is definitely on the table for Ukraine but what form it takes is the important thing. 

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

What are they going to be talking about?

Hopefully stopping this madness before it's get too mental and Vlad decides to go full maddo.

Seemingly the Israeli pm and Vlad get on and most of the Oligarchs have ties in Israel including passports etc so Israel hopefully has some sway 

12 hours ago, Vimto90 said:

"BREAKING: Putin has instructed his government to prepare a list of countries that have imposed sanctions on Russia, its firms or any Russian nationals"

More scaremongering from Vlad. The more this stuff is public the more I am convinced when it comes to nuclear, he is all bark and no bite.

Would it not be quicker compiling a list of countries that haven't imposed sanctions?

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

We're surely the perfect target?

Small time power wise so pose no threat of retaliation, but big enough that it'll have a worldwide effect. An island so mainland Europe wouldn't be directly affected by the blast beyond some fallout. Friendly enough to America that it makes a statement they can't protect their "friends", but not useful enough to America to make them start a proper nuclear war. We're not in the EU anymore either.

Russian doctrine, drawn up in 2010, pretty much gives Putin freedom to throw nukes about at enemies who "threaten the existence of the state". I've no doubt he could easily paint sanctions killing the economy as that tbh.

Totally irrelevant.

But we are still in NATO

43 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Nina Hossain just flew in two-footed on Dominic Raab on ITV News.

She was critical of how difficult the tory government are making it for Ukrainians to come here and pointed out Raab's old man was a Czech refugee who fled the nazis and came here and he was fucking raging with her. If he'd have been in the studio I'm sure he'd have backhanded her.

Didn't know that about him.

What is it with Tories also being "pull the ladder up behind you" types.

Him, Patel and Javid's parents all arrived in the UK when we were "global Britain" and the three of them have played a huge part in turning us into an insular hell hole. You would think they would have more compassion but it seems the opposite it true.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Didn't know that about him.

What is it with Tories also being "pull the ladder up behind you" types.

Him, Patel and Javid's parents all arrived in the UK when we were "global Britain" and the three of them have played a huge part in turning us into an insular hell hole. You would think they would have more compassion but it seems the opposite it true.

I think you answered your own question. The “pull up the ladder behind you” types are going to join the Tory party as a natural home and thereby be better able to achieve their aims.

I think you answered your own question. The “pull up the ladder behind you” types are going to join the Tory party as a natural home and thereby be better able to achieve their aims.
Well, in their defence, surely these people could at least have the decency to have loads of money before being brutally forced from their homes.

45 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Some discussion on various Russian linked sites about the outline of a settlement. I think neutrality is definitely on the table for Ukraine but what form it takes is the important thing. 

I'd say not, at least not in the way you're probably leaning towards.  The gathering view of most democracies is that the Russian mission must fail,

and be seen to fail. Otherwise no one is safe.