Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

Beaten to it by Mackie The Staggie!

The VDV were involved in a horrific defeat/heroic last stand in the second Chechen War, where 84 of 90 VDV were killed after being surprised by a group of Chechen and foreign fighters. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_for_Height_776

This has become a celebrated story of heroism and bravery in Putins Russia.

Edited by ICTChris

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

It doesn't need to be great tbf - any competent army isn't going to go to war with them as they will have the nuclear capability to wipe their country off the map - it's just got enough strength in depth that it will be able to achieve what it needs to.

^^^^ Dr.Strangelove wants to deploy his Doomsday Machine.

2 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Are notthepars and mixu still pieandbovrilites, feels odd not having any contributions to the thread from them as its the type of thing theyd usually be making valuable posts in/about? Edit: which id steal and use in conversations to look smarter than i am tbh

MixuFiy doesn’t post anymore.

NotThePars left under a cloud. I’m unsure if we can say why.

19 hours ago, ICTChris said:

100 people from Scotland have volunteered to go and fight in the Ukrainian Army.

A bit off topic here One of the funniest things i ever heard on the radio was a programe about the Scottish people that went over to Spain to fight in the civil war in the 1930s Said to my mum "Why would anybody fight in a war that did not concern them?" She said "Why not listen and find out"  First guy on "I seen what was happening in Europe It was simply we either stopped the Facists in Spain or we would have to stop them somewhere else We failed in Spain and had to fight the 2nd world war" A good excuse to go to Spain Next was a woman she said "I had just finished my training to become a nurse There were 4 of the boys in my tenement in Glasgow that had went over to fight I went over because of them" A good excuse to go Next guy "I believed that the ballot box was more important than the gun" Fair enough a good excuse to go Next they get this guy from Fife on As soon as he started talking at 100mph in his broad Fife accent i was laughing to myself as he was reminding me of someone i knew from Fife  "I man at that time i was rebuilding the main st in Kirkcaldy The gaffer shouts at me to get that wheelbarrow of sand up here now!  These were the days if you stopped to wipe the sweat from your brow you would get sacked  on the spot I picked up the wheelbarrow and ran the length of the street with it  The gaffer shouted at me when i got there i said now! I looked at him looked at the barrow of sand looked at him again and couped the barrow of sand over his feet and shouted at him i am away to Spain to shoot b*****ds like you !"

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

The fucking losers who deliberately twist the narrative purely to post shitey memes like this on the internet should be sent to the front line.

Not a fan of German humour then ?

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The fucking losers who deliberately twist the narrative purely to post shitey memes like this on the internet should be sent to the front line.

3 minutes ago, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

Not a fan of German humour then ?

1 minute ago, RawB93 said:

@craigkillie...? Humour?...

This is the sort of shit that will lead to the first nuke being launched.

7 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

MixuFiy doesn’t post anymore.

NotThePars left under a cloud. I’m unsure if we can say why.

Always enjoyed Mixu's posts that's a shame.

Missed the cloud in which NTP departed under, I look forward to catching up on that in a few years time on the "Pie and Bovril out the loop" thread

11 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Are notthepars and mixu still pieandbovrilites, feels odd not having any contributions to the thread from them as its the type of thing theyd usually be making valuable posts in/about? Edit: which id steal and use in conversations to look smarter than i am tbh

Mixu was last seen as @TAFKAM last year.

NotThePars' account and posts are still visible but he isn't taggable and I doubt he'll be posting again for reasons extraneous to Pie & Bovril.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Always enjoyed Mixu's posts that's a shame.

Missed the cloud in which NTP departed under, I look forward to catching up on that in a few years time on the "Pie and Bovril out the loop" thread

Signed for Clyde. Posting time clashes with training.

Just now, Shandon Par said:

Signed for Clyde. Posting time clashes with training.

Oh! That prompts my memory about allegations made about a unnamed poster on here which I saw on Twitter.

Oh well.

16 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

NotThePars' account and posts are still visible but he isn't taggable and I doubt he'll be posting again for reasons extraneous to Pie & Bovril.

Oh wow, ta all for the answers. Mustve missed out on exactly whatever happened to ntp, wont go prying.

26 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Was NTP the guy who was constantly complaining about everyone in his work life and neighbours bullying him, then had the run in with @Sergeant Wilson about it?

Just now, Miguel Sanchez said:

That was DAFC who was eventually banned of his own accord.

Thanks. Knew it was a Dunfermline fan who didn't come around anymore.

The NTP reason for not being around now sounds pretty sinister going by the wording of your previous post though.