Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

39 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Hopefully but most reckoning it's Russia stalling for time to get there supply lines sorted and reinforcements introduced to the theatre.

On the flip side it gives Ukraine time to get a breather and take delivery of the promised weapons 

It'll all depend on what's on the table at the negotiations. As we've seen in the last week, it's not easy trying to 2nd guess Putin.

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Just back from Dundee. On a night out there as a student (we’d occasionally head out of St Andrews to see some common people) I cracked my head open on a MIND YOUR HEAD sign. 

And that is the definition of irony. Tell Alanis Morissette. 

If you look at what Putins stance was he wanted a return to the 1990s Nato borders ie giving him a buffer zone and a chance to restart the warsaw pact countries or as what Hitler done Blitzkrieg through europe to restart a cold war it was always his intention as for the current situation with the nukes he doesnt want Ukraine part of Nato or the EU i.e. why would he want his enemy on his front door he wants to be on the front foot and any staging post for further attacks into europe.

Current situation is with the nukes i would say its a back off to nato and let him deal with the Ukraine if Nato steps in its bye bye Ukraine or "if i cant have it no one is and i will leave it in a state where it cant be defended or used to attack Russia.

As for update if anyone is interested in whats going on on the ground situation take a look at this site its also good for global events around the world:

https://liveuamap.com/

1 minute ago, Florentine_Pogen said:
3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:
Just back from Dundee. On a night out there as a student (we’d occasionally head out of St Andrews to see some common people) I cracked my head open on a MIND YOUR HEAD sign. 

No point in you going to Ukraine then.

Unless he can read Ukrainian he won't know what the sign says.

5 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

If you look at what Putins stance was he wanted a return to the 1990s Nato borders ie giving him a buffer zone and a chance to restart the warsaw pact countries or as what Hitler done Blitzkrieg through europe to restart a cold war it was always his intention as for the current situation with the nukes he doesnt want Ukraine part of Nato or the EU i.e. why would he want his enemy on his front door he wants to be on the front foot and any staging post for further attacks into europe.

Current situation is with the nukes i would say its a back off to nato and let him deal with the Ukraine if Nato steps in its bye bye Ukraine or "if i cant have it no one is and i will leave it in a state where it cant be defended or used to attack Russia.

As for update if anyone is interested in whats going on on the ground situation take a look at this site its also good for global events around the world:

https://liveuamap.com/

We weren't his enemy 

We were his energy customers 

1 minute ago, Binos said:

We weren't his enemy 

We were his energy customers 

Article i was reading earlier had made a few good arguments one of his issues was the pipeline carrying gas to europe runs through Ukraine he had to pay Kiev 2 bn per year:

Good article about the situation:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/im-a-former-moscow-correspondent-dont-let-vladimir-putin-fool-you-russias-war-in-ukraine-is-only-about-one-thing-11645571878