Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Did my mind make it up that there were some pretty hefty rumours about a year or so back that Putin was seriously ill? I remember rumours of MS or something at same time as Merkel and her hand tremors were getting press.

Is this the last push of a madman whose health is failing him, a big push in the knowledge that he won't be around long enough to face the consequences of what he has done?

No, I'm sure you're wrong. Here he is at a meeting with his Foreign Minister showing no signs of medical concerns.

newFile-2.jpg?quality=75&width=640&auto=

2 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
11 minutes ago, Lurkst said:
It's taken less than two weeks for this thread to break 100 pages. I took the Covid thread almost two months to do that. Just sayin'....

We're gonnae need more graphs.

We're gonna need bigger graph paper.................................

On the China and "Taiwan / Ukraine" thing (which seems like a lazy comparison). There's the small issue of Russia actively backing and arming secessionists in Donetsk and Luhansk. I can't imagine that's the sort of thing China really wants to see (IMUAAO (in my uninformed armchair analyst opinion)).

The things I've read seem to suggest that China will remain as "neutral" as they can. 

Edited by yoda

I'd be wary of reports that don't have video or photographic evidence. If there's one thing we've seen from recent conflicts across the globe, when something gets shot down, someone usually gets a picture or video out pretty quickly.

10 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Reports a Russian transport plane carrying hundreds of paratroopers has been shot down south of Kyiv. If true, and multiple sources are saying it is, there will be heavy casualties.

Pointless waste of life. I hope the Russian public recognise that.