Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

16 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

The vibration and noise issues that render the crew deaf in a sneaky reconnaissance vehicle the size of a house?

Well, vibrations are a part and parcel of an armoured, tracked vehicle. In this case they need to solve the excessive vibration issue.

As to size? Well the US army uses Bradley IFVs for its reconnaissance. To date the UK has preferred small vehicles for that purpose to avoid detection, however for the intended purpose I'm not sure that makes sense any more. 

If the point now is very deep reconnaissance out to 50km or more to provide target data for long range missile/rocket batteries then survivability is probably key, rather than a low detection threshold. So it's a relative beast of a machine at 43 tonnes (the cvr(t) family is about 10 tonnes) with good armour, and a lethal gun for its size to fight for its information.

The other metric driving size is the power requirements for it's associated data processing equipment. Where cvr(t) is a guy with his binoculars and a radio, this thing is dual panoramic day and night sights, 360 degree camera coverage, acoustic shot detectors, laser warning equipment, all of which is fed in real time between HQs and other vehicles. Its real utility is as a data node.

Fair fucks to any Ukrainian civilian willing to take up arms/molotovs to fight the invaders. It would most certainly end up a blood bath which nobody wants to see, but I have to respect normal folk willing to literally give their life fighting for their country. Seeing that video of the dad saying goodbye to his young daughter, I just couldn't do that. So brave. Ask yourself could you do that? For Scotland? Or the British army? (Whichever way you swing) Whether you are 16, 36,66? I genuinely couldn't.

This is horrible but compulsive viewing. Especially with social media now. Wonder how many of these videos are fake. The Klitchko picture isn't fake but it was from about a year ago on his IG. 

Edited by sergie's no1 fan

Truss really is a complete and utter cretin, she's now using Twitter in some sort of virtue signalling ultimatum to China !!

Honestly, we're in a very serious situation just now with lunatics running the asylums all over the place.

2 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Fair fucks to any Ukrainian civilian willing to take up arms/molotovs to fight the invaders. It would most certainly end up a blood bath which nobody wants to see, but I have to respect normal folk willing to literally give their life fighting for their country. Seeing that video of his dad saying goodbye to his young daughter, I just couldn't do that. So brave. Ask yourself could you do that? For Scotland? Or the British army? (Whichever way you swing) Whether you are 16, 36,66? I genuinely couldn't.

This is horrible but compulsive viewing. Especially with social media now. Wonder how many of these videos are fake. The Klitchko picture isn't fake but it was from about a year ago on his IG. 

As long as a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be subjected to the lordship of the English Russians.  It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.

'mon Ukraine

6 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Fair fucks to any Ukrainian civilian willing to take up arms/molotovs to fight the invaders. It would most certainly end up a blood bath which nobody wants to see, but I have to respect normal folk willing to literally give their life fighting for their country. Seeing that video of his dad saying goodbye to his young daughter, I just couldn't do that. So brave. Ask yourself could you do that? For Scotland? Or the British army? (Whichever way you swing) Whether you are 16, 36,66? I genuinely couldn't.

I don't think we in the UK really appreciate it.  During the Karabakh War in 2020 there was basically a total mobilisation in both countries (Armenia and Azerbijan) and numerous high profile athletes signed up.  I remember when that war started seeing interviews with people volunteering who happily said "we are here to die".  Britain hasn't faced something like that since the Second World War and even then it wasn't the same.

2 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Was going to go out for a Mexican meal tonight, after seeing all the Ukrainian flags on Facebook, I’ve decided to show solidarity & stay at home & have Chicken Kiev. f**k Russia. 

I'll be honest, its years since i've had a chicken keev but Im right in the mood for a couple now.