Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

3 hours ago, AlbionSaint said:

Firstly, I'm glad to see you are reading my posts despite your public statement earlier in the thread to the contrary! :)

A 'gotcha'? No, you misunderstand me. I suggested that the BBC has a history of dismissing 'false flag' attacks. I'm merely showing how a tinfoil-hat-wearing lunatic might point to 9/11 and say that was a false flag.

I don't believe Russia has done anything wrong. They have essentially recaptured a Russian (linguistically and ethnically) enclave after the failure of the Minsk Agreement.

The UK and the USA on the other hand have done lots of really bad stuff. If you ever went on gore sites and saw the charred remains of the victims of drone strikes you'd know what I mean. Many jingoistic tadgers seem to believe that we're a force for good in the world, but this century we have been absolutely rotten. At least the Russians can point to territory that was theirs, that is home to Russian speakers and people who identify as Russian...that kind of gives them a reasonable pretext. 

993337735_azovbattalion.jpg.efb743ccdacebdf63ac58b520ccec230.jpg

What do you think this lot would like to do to the 'Russian separatists'?! George Galloway says 14,000 people in the two Republics have been killed by shelling since 2014.

Are-We-The-Baddies.jpg.b5bdd55b2bfbf1f5336aa16fcaf7e6e2.jpg

Dude, delete this.

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

The UK has been involved in a few wars over my lifetime, but this has a completely different feel to it. Going into an underdeveloped relative backwater (without just cause)  to commandeer oil/gas supplies is nothing compared to the potential for death and destruction in this situation. Being one press of a big red button away from oblivion is pretty daunting. 

At least we have a strong and stable Prime Minister to guide us through... 🙃

1 minute ago, williemillersmoustache said:

There will be a lot of bollocks and wordballs spoken over the next few days but Sky's Stuart Ramsay in Kiev just described the situation as "Chaos Alert Status Red" 

Yes, just seen that. However, the report just before that,  30miles from the border with Russia, the reporter says folk were going about their daily business as usual, kids going to school.

Nothing is happening so they are bigging it up as much as possible at the moment.  

All we know is that Russia has or trying to take out Ukraine's air defence system.  That's it......oh and a 4 sec CCTV footage of tanks, that goes on a loop to make it look like loads of tanks, going down a road. 

29 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

...All we know is that Russia has or trying to take out Ukraine's air defence system.  That's it......oh and a 4 sec CCTV footage of tanks, that goes on a loop to make it look like loads of tanks, going down a road. 

Mariupol and Kramatorsk still being very much under Ukrainian control is a sign it isn't even a full scale invasion of the Donbas yet. Long way to go on this, but I think it's safe to say that it's a good thing that the Scotland vs Ukraine game is at Hampden.