Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

5 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Seems Vlad took my advice. Now wait and see if Boris and the US side play down these talks.

NATO playing good cop/bad cop. Hopefully the US/UK accept their role is now to stfu and give it a chance.

On 13/02/2022 at 15:50, Detournement said:

It looks like there will be some sort of incident this week. Russia will say it's aggression by Ukrainan paramilitaries in the Donbass and respond, the USA and it's bitch the UK will say it's a false flag and apply sanctions.

The goal of the USA is to cancel the Nordstream 2 pipeline from Russia to Germany and justify a large military build up in Eastern Europe. They hope this will weaken the Russian state by forcing them to overspend on defence which is what ruined the USSR. 

Russia has got an economy the size of Italy. They are completely irrelevant.

The disaster at Chernobyl brought down the Soviet Union according to Gorbachev.
Although communism was a terrible idea and bound for failure one way or another.
I'd argue communism is a great idea that will never work due to the nature of lazy b*****ds and power hungry fuckwits.

5 hours ago, sparky88 said:

Russia has got an economy the size of Italy. They are completely irrelevant.

Italy sells handbags, Russia sells energy. 

When it's adjusted to GDP PPP Russia is the 6th largest economy. 

As for Communism it seems to be doing ok in China. China has caught up with the big capitalist nations after 75 years of CCP rule, in the next 75 they will accelerate away. 

Edited by Detournement

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

All this hanging about reminds me of the trenches and waiting for the whistle to blow.

Except I'm in the house, drinking coffee and on the internet. But apart from that...

Has the big boss still got her pencil tash?