Cove Sevco v The Jelly Beans

Much more up for this than I was a week ago. There is a semblance of a plan for us moving up the park even though we don't have a target man. Longstaff will be bursting to get onto the park and follow on from midweek. He'll score again.

I'll say we'll not lose this one. Happy with a point but will achieve full orgasm if we win. That will be winning ugly.

McAllister to fall over a lot, waving his arms in the air. Hopefully the ref is wise to his shitehousery and books him early on for it.

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Much more up for this than I was a week ago. There is a semblance of a plan for us moving up the park even though we don't have a target man. Longstaff will be bursting to get onto the park and follow on from midweek. He'll score again.

I'll say we'll not lose this one. Happy with a point but will achieve full orgasm if we win. That will be winning ugly.

McAllister to fall over a lot, waving his arms in the air. Hopefully the ref is wise to his shitehousery and books him early on for it.

I think the ref should just book him right at the kick-off, safe in the assumption shithousery will follow.

Looking forward to getting some space to work the Dutch style harder, and hopefully for much longer. We’ve a good chance of getting goals but despite our defence being solid when playing is coming at them, sometimes when it’s close combat in the penalty box our midfielders are prone to losing their men. Concentration needs to be high all game. The more we can keep Cove away from our goal the better the chance of a good result.

3-2 for the QP. ‘Mon the Hoops!

Cove coming into this game unbeaten in the last 14 league games stretching back to Oct 16th, however, drawn the last 2 from winning positions. Latter is all too familiar with the Queen's fan. 3 points though mid-week will give some momentum to the away side.

In those last two games, we had a poor first half against Dumbarton and then looked much better second half although weren't ruthless enough to put the game to bed before a late pen for succumbed us to just a point. The Airdrie match last week, the performance levels were better throughout the team and for the duration of the match although again we missed a few chances when winning to seal the game and a draw was the fair result.

A win is very much required as any closing of the gap to Airdrie or Montrose will increase the pressure on the next game(s). 7 points is far from comfortable.

Last meeting at Balmoral was an entertaining 3-3 draw. I expect both teams to try and play their own game although defensively we've strengthen in the last couple of months and would expect us to not be as open. Hopefully Shay Logan will return to the starting lineup allowing Yule to play in CM. We'll need his energy there to counteract the likes of Brown and Connell.

Hard to predict the result. Hoping home advantage and the duo of Mitch and Rory is enough to secure us the valuable points.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

4 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Aye he's a pain in the arse but I'd love somebody as streetwise as him up front for us. 

Well no Rory in the starting lineup which is a huge miss and completely alters our attacking threat. Leighton McIntosh replaces him but he can't hold the ball up, touch of an elephant and not as deadly in front of goal - that's an understatement! He'll play deeper.

Logan not in the match day squad yet again. Need him back as he's a key player. That's a month since he last played. Blair will cover admirably in that position but he'll be sorely missed in CM.

I think Rory sidelined is perhaps tactical to pack the midfield and try to gain control.

I can see a tight match, don't expect many goals here.

Screenshot_20220212-140658.jpg

Screenshot_20220212-141503.jpg

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Real hero to zero stuff for Longstaff

After his two goals midweek he spent the first half hour giving the ball away every single time he got it before getting himself sent off.

First one a definite booking (pulling the guy back after giving it away for the fifteenth time) and for the second one he shouldn’t have been lunging in for a tackle like that when on a booking (after giving the ball away for the twentieth time)

Absolute stupidity from Longstaff. He was having a shocker with each touch bouncing off him and gifting the ball away on every occasion so no great loss. Very annoying as we’ve competed well enough without making any great chances. We’ve stifled cove to half chances. 

Would be inclined to bring Quitongo on as an out ball if we’re going to soak in pressure 2nd half