The Relegation Run In

5 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Personally, I think Clyde are safe from 10th place. They're 12 points ahead of us with 10 games to go. That in itself is a fairly big gap to overcome for a team that's been averaging 0.73 points per game so far this season.

And it's not just that points gap, but they'd need to be overtaken by four teams. I just don't see it.

We've got a hard enough job catching Peterhead even if they lose both their games in hand.

Nah east fife are gone. I meant Clyde being involved in the scrap for 9th 

12 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Peterhead look not bad team past two games ive saw them

Dumbarton played us off park twice at home

Alloa would have been my pick for 9th before they disposed off Barry

My lot defo not safe or close in my opinion

If Clyde are not safe, we can throw Falkirk in the zone also?

From top to bottom, anyone could beat or draw with anyone. Some clubs had great starts, some bad, but its leveling out as regards recent results.

East Fife have taken more points in their last 4 games than everyone, apart from Cove and Airdrie and equal with QP

I think Clyde are safe now. I can't see us winning two games more than the Bully Wee between now and the end of the season. I also think that East Fife will only reach a play off position at best but probably won't. Which leaves Dumbarton, Peterhead and Alloa to battle it out to avoid the play off, although I think that will be enough to stay up. I think all three will have enough to get through like we did last year.

On 26/02/2022 at 22:27, microdave said:

I think Clyde are safe now. I can't see us winning two games more than the Bully Wee between now and the end of the season. I also think that East Fife will only reach a play off position at best but probably won't. Which leaves Dumbarton, Peterhead and Alloa to battle it out to avoid the play off, although I think that will be enough to stay up. I think all three will have enough to get through like we did last year.

Whilst I understand what you are saying I'm not convinced there won't be a fair bit of backlash on Clyde following this move. Whether it effects things on the pitch is another matter but it could have an influence for sure.

I agree with everything else though. If anyone goes on a run of even 3 or 4 good results it could push them a few places higher in the league due to the inconsistencies across the whole table!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Time to bump this thread.

Alloa vs Clyde and Dumbarton vs Peterhead on Saturday.

The winner of the Indodrill game will be safe imo with the losing team (if there is one) being dragged back into it but only if Dumbarton win.

44 minutes ago, microdave said:

Time to bump this thread.

Alloa vs Clyde and Dumbarton vs Peterhead on Saturday.

The winner of the Indodrill game will be safe imo with the losing team (if there is one) being dragged back into it but only if Dumbarton win.

A draw in Alloa this weekend makes both them and Clyde safe IMO. Which worries me. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

A draw in Alloa this weekend makes both them and Clyde safe IMO. Which worries me. 

Which sets us up for a 'non aggression pact of Gigon' at the Indodrill, which I am more than happy to settle for.

To be frank, if it goes to the last game I really don't fancy our chances !

They can call us whatever they want if they’re happy chucking us a point. As it is, Saturday felt like a big turning point for me, we now need a big result in our next three games or we’re going to Dumbarton on the last day needing something and our record against the Sons isn’t exactly stellar.

On 01/03/2022 at 10:29, Angus of the Mo said:

That's exactly it, the league is so tight now, the predictions are harder

Just catching up with the thread. That probably explains why I have been slipping down the predictions league. My bet is now East Fife for 10th and Dumbarton 9th. What an interesting season.