If ROSS COUNTY were to play LIVINGSTON this week…

Every time Stryjek comes for a cross it knocks a year or two off my life expectancy. Doesn't Ayo usually slot his penalties quite low with little power? That was a mental difference. Nouble looked so much better out wide, can see him causing problems there in future and look forward to seeing it more. 

Positives are that we're somehow 3 points off 4th place, and still have at least another few months to enjoy the likes of Omeonga and Forrest.

49 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Lol f**k sake, that’s revenge for last time we were up.

First half was atrocious. Keeper should have done better with the goal. Nouble looks a lot better out on the left. Ayos penalty was shite.

36 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Every time Stryjek comes for a cross it knocks a year or two off my life expectancy. Doesn't Ayo usually slot his penalties quite low with little power? That was a mental difference.Nouble looked so m uch better out wide, can see him causing problems there in future and look forward to seeing it more. 

Positives are that we're somehow 3 points off 4th place, and still have at least another few months to enjoy the likes of Omeonga and Forrest.

Was saying that all game to my mates, why is he playing as a No9 when Arbroath played him out wide, goes out wide and almost gets us a goal from an assist within seconds of switching there, and was different class out there for the rest of the game. Finally we get Anderson on alongside him too, got to wonder wtf Martindale was thinking not playing them together, with Nouble out wide.

16 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Jesus, that was smash and grab. 

Did it to you in the first game, and later snatched a draw in the 89th min, so prob deserved pay back, but feels gutting not getting the win, pure scunnered.

2 minutes ago, silver said:

We huffed and puffed tonight and tried hard, but Livi were well organised and deserved their lead. Dreadful penalty miss and the rest as they say is history.

The weather was awful with frequent heavy snow showers, not the best night for a game of football.

Delighted with the point and I think a rest for the players this weekend will be a good thing after a heavy schedule of games.

Well done to Mr Mackay, the staff and players.

Weather killed the game first half, but 2nd half was much better when it had stopped snowing. Was actually wishing it would snow like f**k after we scored, as it was driving into us all 1st half and making the game awful, might've helped us keep the 3 pts.

First things first, that was an absolutely awful game of football. The first half could’ve got football stopped and to be honest if conditions kept up second half the referee would’ve had a decision to make. They settled though and a bit of football was played in the second half (from one team).

I have to say, I adore this Livi team. They are absolute dogs. They’ve got the perfect balance needed for a fight in this league:
- two centre halves that win headers for breakfast
- full backs that don’t stop running all game
- that midfield of Holt, Omeonga and Pittman is, in my opinion, the best 3 outside the top 3 (Omeonga is a different level)
- two tricky wingers that also work like f**k off the ball
- options up front with the brute strength of Nouble and the sharpness of Anderson
I’d make Livi and St Mirren my two favourites out of the 3 remaining places for the top 6 right now personally.

As for us, tonight really showed how much we rely on RCC and Hungbo for creativity. Didn’t get a touch all game those two and therefore we created absolutely nothing. I’d say Hungbo has been off it for a few weeks though. A moment of madness for our goal - suppose that evens out the number of late goals we’ve conceded against Livi this season.

Would’ve taken a draw pre game though. Another point further away from bottom as well.

2 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Nothing much to say on that, we should’ve won, we didn’t. Gutted doesn’t come close. Horrendous conditions heading back down the road. 

Onto Saturday we go. 

2 hours ago, Menga Bus said:

Literally just in the door, brutal conditions on way home, hope everyone made it back safely! 
As good as omeonga was and deserves his praise, thought holt was motm, was outstanding once again.

Great effort tavelling up there in this weather, at least we didn't lose for the long drive home, although it felt like it dropping 2 points so late in the game. I was a fair weather fan, watching it on the ppv.

6 hours ago, Menga Bus said:

Literally just in the door, brutal conditions on way home, hope everyone made it back safely! 
As good as omeonga was and deserves his praise, thought holt was motm, was outstanding once again.

👏 Fair play to any Livi fans who travelled up and down the A9 yesterday, that's commitment to the cause.

Watching the Livi goal back - poor turnover from Iacovitti and then failed to track the run of Forrest.  I like him, but its like almost every game he has a moment of catastrophe just waiting to happen.  Laidlaw a bit flat footed too, I think he could have saved that.  

I'd be considering dropping Ayo tbh, he's been a bit rough around the edges in the past few games. The last minute goal against Saints, the penalty miss yesterday, and a lot of his overall play has dipped in the past couple of weeks. Perhaps our heavy schedule is kicking in. Boyes has looked decent in his short cameos

1 hour ago, thruthenight said:

I'd be considering dropping Ayo tbh, he's been a bit rough around the edges in the past few games. The last minute goal against Saints, the penalty miss yesterday, and a lot of his overall play has dipped in the past couple of weeks. Perhaps our heavy schedule is kicking in. Boyes has looked decent in his short cameos

Boyes gave the ball away just outside the box last night, but cleared one off the line against Aberdeen, can't really tell how he'd do playing a whole game, might be too soon yet.

I'm liking the magnanimity on show from Martindale because he's right, we robbed them up there earlier in the season. 

Having said that he should be fizzing with Obileye for the penalty miss and, it really pains me to say it, for Stryjek's woeful goalkeeping at the equaliser. 

A really big two points dropped which would have seen us go into the top six. 

Seeing as I've singled out two mistakes, it's only fair to mention our midfield/front players. I am in absolute awe of them.  

Edited by mozam76
shite spelling

Aye as has been mentioned, Holt played a blinder, largely in the shadow of Omeonga, then recently Forrest taking all the limelight, but he's pretty much our most consistent player and was all over the pitch working his socks off.

Not really a game for our defenders with the weather being so bad, players were miss hitting the ball several times in a row, slipping, making lots of mistakes, esp the first half. Holt sliced one which went up in the air and landed back at his feet and looked cool as f**k, as if he meant it 😂, hit one or two miss passes and got it straight back off them too, there were lots of that sort of stuff going on. Fitzwater running back getting in Holt's way and near causing a calamity too, then Devlin's near own goal pass back to Stryjek, as i said, think we can put most of that down to the horrendous conditions.

Don't think Nouble was doing much till we moved him onto the wing, then he looked outstanding, getting the ball and cutting into the box with it, problem will be having to drop Bailey, and move Forrest over to the right wing, and hoping to f**k Martindale doesn't put him back in the centre leaving Anderson on the bench again.

Forrest is just unreal the last 4 games, whatever was in his head wanting away (think it was prob not getting enough game time), he's a totally different player now and unplayable at times, running at defenders and scoring goals, that one was with his left foot too, which isn't usually as good at shooting with, as he loves getting it onto his right foot for shots, and usually scores when he does, or brings out brilliant saves to keep it out.

Shows us how good our midfield is when Pitts is 3rd best, think we've a real shot at top 6 again, and the way it's looking, Hibs will be lucky to stay up there, and Motherwell could drop down a place or 2 too. So who knows, a European slot could be up for grabs as well.

*edit, just noticed Hibs are already out of the top 6.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

13 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I’d say Hungbo has been off it for a few weeks though. A moment of madness for our goal - suppose that evens out the number of late goals we’ve conceded against Livi this season.

Hungbo figured out Penrice had him for pace and decided cutting in was a better idea, but Holt was there to steal the ball of him almost every time. I think he got frustrated before he went off and looked totally off it.

6 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Don't think Nouble was doing much till we moved him onto the wing, then he looked outstanding, getting the ball and cutting into the box with it, problem will be having to drop Bailey, and move Forrest over to the right wing, and hoping to f**k Martindale doesn't put him back in the centre leaving Anderson on the bench again.

My thoughts too. Nouble showed away to Hibs he can do a great job as the central striker but also showed up very well when moving to the left last night. Anderson is such a livewire. A great poacher in the box, lots of intelligent runs to make himself a long pass option, his hold up play is excellent and he presses very well when we're out of possession. Forrest is best on the left and he has his signature move of cutting in to finish far post with his right. Yet last night his goal was similar as he cut across and finished with his left. He could definitely play on the right.

As you say, harsh on Bailey to drop out, but Nouble - Anderson - Forrest would probably be our strongest attack right now. Martindale said in a recent interview he's mindful of Anderson's diabetes and how over-exertion can be a contributing factor to what Anderson suffered at Easter Road last year. That's maybe what's accounting for Anderson dropping out the starting line up sometimes because his form and ability are well established now.

Edited by FreedomFarter

On Stryjek, I'm a huge fan and the mistakes thing from earlier in the season never worried me. It's normally just unlucky coincidence if two high profile errors happen in matches quite close together in the schedule. I do think he has a clear deficiency, though, and that's his jumping. His handling and punching of aerial balls is actually very good but his jumping means he doesn't always get there. That was the case last night and also maybe in the recent Cadden goal for Hibs. It might just be an athletic limitation he has. Getting better with his decisions on when to go for a high ball and when to stay on his line could be his solution.

56 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

On Stryjek, I'm a huge fan and the mistakes thing from earlier in the season never worried me. It's normally just unlucky coincidence if two high profile errors happen in matches quite close together in the schedule. I do think he has a clear deficiency, though, and that's his jumping. His handling and punching of aerial balls is actually very good but his jumping means he doesn't always get there. That was the case last night and also maybe in the recent Cadden goal for Hibs. It might just be an athletic limitation he has. Getting better with his decisions on when to go for a high ball and when to stay on his line could be his solution.

Can’t disagree with any of that. I’m with you in that I think he is a brilliant goalkeeper - arguably and statistically one of the best we’ve had. His reflexes for such a big guy are excellent. 

I’m also with you in that I don’t think he’s particularly agile. The Cadden goal didn’t show him in a great light; he looked like he was trying to get something off the ceiling that was just beyond his reach, as opposed to desperately trying to keep a ball out the net. With last night, it looked to me like a really lazy, weary, non attempt at a punch. 

I still love the guy though. Not sure I’d swap him for many others in the league, and I’ve said it before, if his stats stay at the level they are at just now then we’ll do well to keep hold of him.

I’m well aware of how ridiculous it is that I’m a 15 stone mess criticising a professional athlete…