Diamonds v Mo

Really looking forward to this which is definitely a must win if we want to have any chance of catching cove. Feels like every match lately is massive and a cup final. Montrose certainly no mugs at all, a good regimented side who can attack dangerously. The 3-0 game at the start of the season was a total mismatch and the 2-1 a couple months ago is hard to be too critical on ourselves as the conditions were absolutely horrendous and possibly should never went ahead. Hopefully we can continue our decent run of form lately and get back to winning ways after 3 draws. Hopefully a decent sized crowd for this one aswell to cheer on Ian and the team. 2-1 airdrie. Easton, Smith and Webster all to score[emoji815]️

I think whoever loses this can realistically rule out automatic promotion, even at this time it's hard to see Cove dropping many points.  In the 3 fixtures against them this season I have seen nothing to suggest they are any better than the Mo, but have a way of grinding out narrow victories.

We have the upper hand over Airdie so far this season but this will no doubt be very close.  Hopefully Blair Lyons is fit for the game and some of the play from the second half against Dumbarton will be in evidence for more of the match on Saturday.  I would not be surprised for this to be a draw, which only helps Cove

On 08/02/2022 at 23:20, Chapelhall chap said:

2-0 to the Diamonds. Thoughts tomorrow.

Here goes: If the side that got back into the game at Cove in 2nd half, turns up I can see a win. If we let Montrose start as well as they'd done on the opening day, then it's trouble for us. Can't see Allan starting on Saturday so Gal will be back in. It's time to match Montrose's wins over us and if we don't then it's Coves to lose 

I would want McCabe in midfield instead of Agnew and given we have no new strikers , then Scott McGill returns to midfield as well. However as it's Ian Murray tactics who can say! 

Montrose are solid, well organised and Webster is always a danger, as are the Ballantynes.( Not our previous chap)

Nervous day ahead. 

This is really a match to see who has the second leg of the play off at home or who comes runners up behind Cove.

We have a pretty decent record against Airdrie in the last couple of years. Wouldn't be surprised to see a draw here (and Wouldn't be unhappy if it were)

See you in the play off finals

This is really a match to see who has the second leg of the play off at home or who comes runners up behind Cove.
We have a pretty decent record against Airdrie in the last couple of years. Wouldn't be surprised to see a draw here (and Wouldn't be unhappy if it were)
See you in the play off finals

Shhhh we’re still going for the title, at least let us hope[emoji28][emoji28]

5 minutes ago, A Username With Mo In It said:

Airdrie giving us a lesson on how to take your chances. 😐

That was the fundamental difference for me as well. A fantastic 3 points today and again a game we would have shut up shop after Galls goals and ended up drawing in previous seasons!

Edited by cb_diamond

Comfortable, if nothing else. Couple of moments of brilliance from Gallagher & Watson and Easton providing two more assists making the difference. I thought that apart from the penalty Montrose rarely threatened, the free header in the six yard box at the death the only real glaring Montrose sitter and Currie didn't really have much to do.

Thought big Fordyce had an excellent game today, first to every header, never shirked a challenge and 99% of the time his positioning was spot on.

First 2 goals were excellent individual finishes, the 3rd is an absolute nailer and it's some run by Smith who I thought gave both centre halves something to think about today, for the 4th.

The Montrose 11 was the best for them, everything seemed to go through him, enjoyed the wee back and forth with the crowd from him, took it the way a player should and gave a bit back and had a laugh about it, I don't mind that at all!

Lastly, Ross Campbell going off his nut about timewasting at 2-1...... Forgetting how long the Montrose keeper was taking from the first by kick 😂😂😂😂

Happy to win as convincingly even if the performance was "alright" in the nicest possible way.

Edited by ++Ammo - Airdrie++
Mixed up 3rd and 4th goal

23 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Thought big Fordyce had an excellent game today, first to every header, never shirked a challenge and 99% of the time his positioning was spot on.

Generally the case with the man I would suggest.

1 minute ago, diamondman said:

Generally the case with the man I would suggest.

Absolutely. Just sometimes there will be a wee mistake or a misjudgment (not often I'll admit) but today I thought he was even better.  I'm firing in the now with praising him because a lot of the chat will (quite rightly) be about 4 excellent, very different goals.