Robert Jones Vs Joshua Oyinsan

2 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Quite a smart shirt that, btw.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Not a fan personally. Just hoping we get the strip right next year for our 150th year. 

I think it’s quite a decent one. Not quite as good as last season’s though, which was a banger.

image.jpeg.79419f324f128ea1b3043c6645981b51.jpeg

10 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Who was the applause for?

For one of our own, Craig McLaren. Passed away a year ago aged just 24. His father and family were there yesterday and took comfort from the tribute.

Edited by macclyde+

10 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Hearing the young team that let off the smoke bomb broke some seats, too. 

They’ve had their chance and they clearly can’t behave. That‘s a smashed bus window, flares and broken seats within a matter of weeks. Who cares if they sing songs, they are wee bams and we need to get them to f**k.

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

They’ve had their chance and they clearly can’t behave. That‘s a smashed bus window, flares and broken seats within a matter of weeks. Who cares if they sing songs, they are wee bams and we need to get them to f**k.

Sad thing is, (i assume) this is the same group of wee guys who turned up a few years ago with the drum, sang some songs, pissed some folk off with the drum and were generally welcomed in as the new generation of fans. 

Covid hit, 2/3 years later and the cool wee guys have grown up a bit, watched the ugly sisters 'ultras' groups on social media and decided they want to do that! Get them to f**k!

Just now, pleslie99 said:

Sad thing is, (i assume) this is the same group of wee guys who turned up a few years ago with the drum, sang some songs, pissed some folk off with the drum and were generally welcomed in as the new generation of fans. 

Covid hit, 2/3 years later and the cool wee guys have grown up a bit, watched the ugly sisters 'ultras' groups on social media and decided they want to do that! Get them to f**k!

I’ve nae idea if that original core is still there but like many groups of wee guys before them, they disappear as quickly as they appear when they hit a certain age.

The problem with all of these wee guys is that they don’t actually really care about DFC, it’s just an excuse for a day out with their mates and a piss up/platform to act like wee fuds. It wasn’t all that long ago the likes of myself, Moonster and Snudge were the wee fannys who went to the games and had a piss up but we didn’t come close to smashing bus windows or break seats. If anyone done anything even remotely unacceptable the others stepped in and told them to wisen up. We all had a genuine love for the club and cared about the results, I’m not sure this is the case with the current breed tbh.

I have sympathy for any of them who do care about the club and don’t want to involve themselves with the nonsense but until they distance themselves from it they will be tarred with the same brush.

I think there is a small band of the kids there who do care about the club, about 8-10 of them have been consistently at home games and behaved well but there's no doubt there is now more than a few tag alongs who are just there for the tribalism and they're behaviour has been out of order. As BBPF says when we were a group of rowdy youngsters it was more often than not self-policed - we weren't perfect but at no point were we smashing things up or setting off flares. The wee guys who are regulars either need to start dishing out telts to their tag along mates or they'll all end up with bans. 

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I think there is a small band of the kids there who do care about the club, about 8-10 of them have been consistently at home games and behaved well but there's no doubt there is now more than a few tag alongs who are just there for the tribalism and they're behaviour has been out of order. As BBPF says when we were a group of rowdy youngsters it was more often than not self-policed - we weren't perfect but at no point were we smashing things up or setting off flares. The wee guys who are regulars either need to start dishing out telts to their tag along mates or they'll all end up with bans. 

Given some of their behaviour, I’m not sure the ‘nicer’ ones in the group are in a position to tell them to wrap it. Our group didn’t have any wee neds who would get violent if you told them to wisen up. I think the best course of actiom for the is to just distance themselves completely, don’t sit with them at games, don’t travel with them etc. It might help them avoid a sore face for speaking up.

Like I said if they don’t they will just be tarred with the same brush.

On the group of kids with the drum. Sounds like there was more than usual yesterday - also seems to be that the issues arise when there are more than usual. There was maybe 15ish at the Queens Park game midweek and they sang, made a good noise and generally behaved excellently. If they can avoid these issues then they are exactly what the club need to help attract young supporters as they go to school etc talking about football and more people potentially want to come and watch. If I was the club I’d call them in for a chat, say I don’t want to see anymore negative incidents but also emphasised how much their support is appreciated.

You know who would be great at speaking to them imo? Stevie Farrell.

He's a terrific talker and I've every confidence that he'd lay down the line to them, but by speaking to them like he'd speak to adults. If it's something he'd be up for, then I reckon that would be a great way to reign the nonsense in a wee bit - but keeping the atmosphere they bring, which was excellent from the first whistle yesterday.

Watched this vid after our game v Alloa and thought the wee fannies there would be similar to the tag ons at Dumbarton who’d be the ones breaking seats etc.

A shame - a few of the young guys will have Dumbarton at heart and will be life long fans. Unfortunately they’ll be probably the smarter, nicer, quieter lads who wouldn’t confront the wee fannies. 

Getting someone like Farrell to talk to them seems smart