Robert Jones Vs Joshua Oyinsan

That first half from us was absolutely scintillating and in the 2nd half we just kind of done what we had to. I would’ve liked to see us go for another goal or two given how easily we carved Clyde’s defence apart in the first half but hey ho. 

The commentators were absolutely brutal. In the first half they were almost kind of balanced, i think their anger was mostly directed towards Clyde for being so shite, but in the second half they absolutely lost the plot, moaning and complaining about absolutely everything. Get it right up you ya pair of absolute fannys.

Good to see that Clyde have replaced their rapist captain with a racist captain. 

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

Pass marks for everyone really but special mentions to Wright, Bronsky, Buchanan, Paton and Duthie. Wright is supremely confident and you could see how confident that made those in front of him - I've not seen us hit that many back passes all season than we did today. Bronsky and Buchanan dealt with the physical battle perfectly, Paton was pressing everything and breaking up play brilliantly and Duthie was causing all sorts of problems up front. Saw the game out well even if we sat a little deep in the second half.

Delighted and it pulls Clyde right back into it. I've forever wondered why Lennon persists with his teams playing out from the back regardless of ability. I think Farrell noticed that and pressed as high as we could and it lead to numerous chances in the first half. I'm also glad Farrell has realised the teams problems and looked to solve them as best he could in January, we looked to be gelling quite well in this 4-4-(fucking)2 and hopefully big Josh won't be out long to add to our threat up front. Great job so far in that regard, need to capitalise in the next few games. 

21 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Wright is supremely confident and you could see how confident that made those in front of him - I've not seen us hit that many back passes all season than we did today.

Having Wright between the sticks makes an absolutely massive difference for us. I’ve spent so long dreading every single cross and high ball into our box that I was getting a genuine buzz from watching a goalkeeper who claimed every single one of them with conviction. He also made a superb save towards the end that I was convinced was going to be a goal. He looks confident claiming the ball in his box and oozes confidence with the ball at his feet. Lovely stuff.

Imagine what Josh would have done to that backing in the first half as well. Clyde certainly look like they'll be dragged into things unless there's huge improvement. 

I had a good feeling today to be honest. We've been improving each week and Clyde have been rotten in 3 games against us too. With losing their top scorer in the fashion they have and there last couple of week (on and off the park) I thought we had a good chance to drag them into it.

Nice to have taken a chance like that was as we don't always turn up on days like today.

Edited by squeezebox-son

The stream was as brutal as our “football”.  AI camera can’t cope with sunlight and still gets distracted by other moving white objects like plastic bags and, I think, the Dumbarton keeper’s boots.  These things should have been sorted by now.  Several losses of signal and no audio after a few minutes (maybe not a bad thing).  While I’m on, why did the ref think wearing Dumbarton colours was a good idea?  If the Dumbarton subs had warmed up in that kit, he’d have told them to cover it up.

Neither the football nor broadcasts like this are really worth watching, I’m afraid.

4BB9E5CC-9AFD-48D0-B0B1-C79E0363E446.jpeg

That performance and deserved result lands squarely on the shoulders of Danny Lennon. 
Completely baffling team selection and tactics .  Starting Balitoni at at all was bad enough but to have Page in that back 4 was just criminal as RB also. Page should have started at CH in the absence of Rumsby. Even if he had put in Mortimer at RB would have been better than that back 4.

Then expecting them to play from the back was just unbelievable. Everything about Jones has been said before, truly the best ever example of starting with a man down, the single worst CF I’ve ever seen in a Clyde strip!

Jamieson was just like a petulant child for him whole time on the pitch.. nowhere near ready to start at this level. We are back to square one with that performance today. As expected by most of us we right back in the relegation mire. 

Also why wait so long to change, it was obvious after 10 mins we were set up wrong. And why when he did change, put Cuddihy at RB and Mortimer in midfield?

Bizarre performance from the whole Clyde team from management to players from start to finish.
I can only assume Splain and Rumsby were injured today and Cuddihy not 100% yet?

Edited by FREDDYFRY

1 minute ago, squeezebox-son said:

Imagine what Josh would have done to that backing in the first half as well. Clyde certainly look like they'll be dragged into things unless there's huge improvement. 

I had a good feeling today to be honest. We've been improving each week and Clyde have been rotten in 3 games against us too. With losing their top scorer in the fashion they have and there last couple of week (on and off the park) I thought we had a good chance to drag them into it.

Nice to have taken a chance like that today as we don't always turn up on days like today.

I’m baffled how we dragged ourselves out of it in the first place.  Our luck couldn’t hold and we’ve several players missing that could have made a difference today (maybe).

15 minutes ago, WBR said:

The stream was as brutal as our “football”.  AI camera can’t cope with sunlight and still gets distracted by other moving white objects like plastic bags and, I think, the Dumbarton keeper’s boots.  These things should have been sorted by now.  Several losses of signal and no audio after a few minutes (maybe not a bad thing).  While I’m on, why did the ref think wearing Dumbarton colours was a good idea?  If the Dumbarton subs had warmed up in that kit, he’d have told them to cover it up.

Neither the football nor broadcasts like this are really worth watching, I’m afraid.

That's horrendous 

I'd be raging too if I'd shelled out for that.

😁

Edited by Silverton End

Was Splaine carrying a knock? He's improved in recent weeks yet was an unused sub today. Page has been fine at centre back but he's in danger of becoming a scapegoat at right back. The less said about Balatoni the better. 

I would like to see McAllister's foul that led to Dumbarton's 2nd goal as I thought it was unbelievably soft. Not that it would've affected the result in any way. We were rank rotten. Jamieson's petulance towards the end with his 2 quick bookings just summed it up. 

Sucked right back into the mix at the bottom now and if we don't bring in 2 or 3 players of sufficient quality before the end of the loan window then I hope to god Barry Ferguson clings onto his job at Alloa till the end of the season.

29 minutes ago, WBR said:

Isn't that the Pyro that the yoof's set off toward the end of the game?