Robert Jones Vs Joshua Oyinsan

A very big game for our season, I feel. Win it and we have a clear gap to 9th that we just might be able to ride to the end of the season. Lose it and the dogfight is well and truly on.

Without having seen any of them, my sense is that the January window has strengthened Dumbarton and this is going to be a tough ask. I’d love to dig out another three points but I’ll plump for the traditional nerve-shattering draw with us camped on our goal line for the final ten minutes.

Oyinsan has scored as many goals as Jones has this season and he's only been here for 3 games. So if the question is Jones vs Oyinsan then big Josh wins it hands down. Whether Oyinsans team can beat Jones' team is another matter, which is not something I thought I'd be saying at this point in the season after the opening day. 

33 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Oyinsan has scored as many goals as Jones has this season and he's only been here for 3 games. So if the question is Jones vs Oyinsan then big Josh wins it hands down. Whether Oyinsans team can beat Jones' team is another matter, which is not something I thought I'd be saying at this point in the season after the opening day. 

Given what happened on the first day I thought Dumbarton had transformed from the team under Duffy but had a pretty poor few months leading into January. 

As for us it’s 1 defeat in 12 league games, said it before last weekend but a striker in on loan should be a priority. 

11 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

The probability of us never scoring again this season is quite high.

Wouldnt quite say that but in the 24 league games to date we have scored 14 excluding one player.

So really based on that looking at scoring 7 goals in our remaining 12 league games which is very realistic.

9 hours ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Looks like The Sons were only edged out by QP and had 10 shots in 90 mins according to The BBC.  It also says they set up 4 5 1...

My prediction is either very tight or s real hammering.

I don't think many (if any) or those were on target. We deserved something from the game but our own mistakes and poor finishing cost us. If that improves then we have a chance but I expect a tight match!

Ticket bought, bring it on!  We have been much more competitive recently and it's an encouraging sign.   I didn't see the Thistle game but would be happy with that team if Mclean and Paton come back in.

I travelled through for the 0-3 game at the start of the season and feel that might have flattered us a wee bit.  Clyde will be looking at the gap to 9th and might just fancy that they'd be safe from that if they can beat us, it should be a cracker.

My forecast is a Sons win; Josh and Bucky to score, 6 or 7 yellow cards.

I'll be astonished if this is one for the purists, and I expect a nervy physical affair.  Despite being less than pretty the Bully Wee have positioned themselves handily in mid-table, but The Fresh Prince of Controversy has now left the building. 

As for ourselves, there are some flickering signs of spirit and cohesion, but ceasing to shoot ourselves in the foot defensively, ie the last game at The Rock and about 17 other offences, would be a refreshing change.  McLean up front alongside the Big Yellow Card could be interesting.

22 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Hopefully MacLean is straight back into the starting 11 for this because Orsi and Stokes are absolutely hopeless.

Thought stokes was decent the other night but agreed on orsi despite that he does work hard

Huge game for both this. Heartened by our recent couple of performances and running Dundee close in the cup. A win for us would be massive

worth noting that we have top 4 opponents 4 times between now and the end of the season, Clyde have too 4 6 times.

1 minute ago, NilNil said:

Huge game for both this. Heartened by our recent couple of performances and running Dundee close in the cup. A win for us would be massive

worth noting that we have top 4 opponents 4 times between now and the end of the season, Clyde have too 4 6 times.

Your username is pretty apt for this thread.