Highland Trapdoorwatch 2021-22

Ray Patterson

Just now, jaggyness said:

Sorry for jumping in, but in the event of Fort William losing to Banks O Dee, which league will they be in next season?

North Caledonian League. Technically teams dropping from the Highland League get a choice of where they go but I can't see them opting for the NJRFA.

19 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

North Caledonian League. Technically teams dropping from the Highland League get a choice of where they go but I can't see them opting for the NJRFA.

Wasn’t it declared at the start of the season what league each club had nominated?

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Wasn’t it declared at the start of the season what league each club had nominated?

They were supposed to inform the Highland League in July but it's been kept confidential to my knowledge. If Fort wanted to create a bit of mischief they might have nominated the Midland League, which wouldn't involve much more travelling time but could annoy a lot of people. :lol: I doubt it though, the NCL is the obvious match.

9 hours ago, welshbairn said:

They were supposed to inform the Highland League in July but it's been kept confidential to my knowledge. If Fort wanted to create a bit of mischief they might have nominated the Midland League, which wouldn't involve much more travelling time but could annoy a lot of people. :lol: I doubt it though, the NCL is the obvious match.

I wouldn't mind an away day in Fort William, would be a nice bit of change. :D

Seriously though, on their FB page they said they'd go to the NCL if (when) they lose the play-off.

17 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I don't get the outrage when the price goes up 2 or 3 quid for a one off important game like a play off or cup game. And this is only if you want the ticket posted out.

Non-league fans: "It's so hard the club to break even, let alone turn a profit, I don't envy the work they do."

Also non-league fans: "How dare the club raise the price for a one-off game by a coupla quid."

4 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Non-league fans: "It's so hard the club to break even, let alone turn a profit, I don't envy the work they do."

Also non-league fans: "How dare the club raise the price for a one-off game by a coupla quid."

Might as well soak the one game a year glory hunters too.

On 17/04/2022 at 19:14, Burnieman said:

Jeezo, £10 to watch one team pump another is ridiculous.  £13 is just fleecing fans.

Nothing wrong with cashing in on a playoff game that could possibly sell out with some neutrals going along. BoD charged £15 when we played them in January.  Got to get the paydays where you can.  Nice wee ground and friendly staff.  Best of luck to them in the Play Off although I doubt they’ll need it against Fort William, BoD will have too much for them they put in a really good shift against us.  

Edited by San Starko Rover

22 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

What non-league fans say that out of interest?