Highland Trapdoorwatch 2021-22

Ray Patterson

39 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Looks like I'll finally get to visit Claggan Park on April 30th then. I imagine it'll be over as a contest by then, but will be good to see Fort's last game as a Highland League side.

I wish these dates were reversed as I’m not going to miss Bonnyrigg v Broch/Buckie on the 23rd and I’ve never been to Spain Park, which I’ll presumably have to visit next season to re-complete the HL.
Haven’t been at Claggan Park since 1994 with Caley. It’s true what they say about the pitch being in  good nick, I was up that way in November and I was speaking to a committee guy who invited me to have a walk over it.

1 hour ago, The Mantis said:

I wish these dates were reversed as I’m not going to miss Bonnyrigg v Broch/Buckie on the 23rd and I’ve never been to Spain Park, which I’ll presumably have to visit next season to re-complete the HL.
Haven’t been at Claggan Park since 1994 with Caley. It’s true what they say about the pitch being in  good nick, I was up that way in November and I was speaking to a committee guy who invited me to have a walk over it.

Have they fenced it off yet? There was talk about the Council ceding them the lease which might have meant them being able to stop deer shitting everywhere and deter local youth vandalising the place. No idea what happened about that.

That's my 23rd April sorted out then. Having seen B O'D see off a pish East Fife side in the cup it wouldn't surprise me if the final aggregate score after the two legs is in double figures, in their favour.

Can't see Fort being a Tier 5 club again in the foreseaable future.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Have they fenced it off yet? There was talk about the Council ceding them the lease which might have meant them being able to stop deer shitting everywhere and deter local youth vandalising the place. No idea what happened about that.

Was the issue not about leaving the gate open? I’ve been there once or twice over the years and just been able to walk in. TBH I’ve never really thought about whether you can get in any other way. Last time, the committee guy drove off and left me to it (mid afternoon) although maybe they would be locking up later.

On 08/03/2022 at 11:05, Jimmy Shaker said:

Fort will finish bottom with six points, tops.

Lossie's now notorious record against Strathpizzle should dig the Grantown side out of a hole. 

Two out of three ain't bad, although Pizzle were safe anyway before they salvaged a point at the Bernagow. Fort still have Turf, Strathspey, Vale and Rothes to play so points are available, but no side will want to be the only team to lose to them this season, and Turf and Strathspey have ended the season (relatively) well, while Rothes are a fuckload better and Vale have already put ten past Fort this season. 

22 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

IIRC the Cooncil left them to it earlier in the season and they can now lock the ground up. 

The Fortbook Hipsters are now finding out what finishing bottom means this season. They all seem a bit confused. 

I did notice the club responded to one confused far flung fan on FB by saying they would meet Orkney halfway for their NCL fixtures, which suggests FW are less confident about their chances in the play-off than aforementioned far flung fans. 

The usual stream of idiotic questions about where teams relegated from SPFLLT go should be stemmed now, seeing as this has all been going for years now and Brechin have their feet under the table.

The question of what happens at the bottom has been raised plenty of times in recent weeks, although everyone at Turriff and Strathspey seem to know what's going on. Only Fort types have seemed oblivious to it. Perhaps Fort genuinely thought they'd escape the mire and get away with it. Why, I have no idea. They've been dogshit all season and this latest scheme has been an absolute farce. No idea what they do now. 

1 hour ago, Waspie said:

I did notice the club responded to one confused far flung fan on FB by saying they would meet Orkney halfway for their NCL fixtures

Wick presumably? Maybe Helmsdale at a push.

Edited by welshbairn

16 hours ago, Waspie said:

I did notice the club responded to one confused far flung fan on FB by saying they would meet Orkney halfway for their NCL fixtures, which suggests FW are less confident about their chances in the play-off than aforementioned far flung fans. 

Appears to confirm they didn't select the Midlands League as their destination of choice. A trip to Lochee or Helmsdale, let's see now decisions decisions...