Highland Trapdoorwatch 2021-22

Ray Patterson

On 22/04/2022 at 19:49, welshbairn said:

The Secretary's retiring, I suspect he might be including his pet dog in this final job.

Bronson's up for a bit of pitch sabotaging!

(*Thai opinion in no way reflects that of any LMC members and is solely my own!)

If there is one thing I have learnt this past week it is that both the HL and LL ruling bodies seem to struggle with implementing their authority. 

What is it that you'd have expected the Highland League to do differently here? They've applied their rules, forced Fort to follow them, and very clearly laid out their side of things once Fort withdrew.

7 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

If there is one thing I have learnt this past week it is that both the HL and LL ruling bodies seem to struggle with implementing their authority. 

They worked with FW to assist them to get the game on. Hours or work not just a couple phone calls.

Fort William were the ones who withdrew, and their pitiful "untruths" tweets was trying to distract from fact they hadn't enough keepers or cut the grass.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

What is it that you'd have expected the Highland League to do differently here? They've applied their rules, forced Fort to follow them, and very clearly laid out their side of things once Fort withdrew.

44 minutes ago, RH33 said:

They worked with FW to assist them to get the game on. Hours or work not just a couple phone calls.

Fort William were the ones who withdrew, and their pitiful "untruths" tweets was trying to distract from fact they hadn't enough keepers or cut the grass.

I agree with both of you . I just think they have been too lenient with Fort from the start of the season with the pitch fiasco . That in itself was enough to indicate they were just taking the piss. 

5 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I agree with both of you . I just think they have been too lenient with Fort from the start of the season with the pitch fiasco . That in itself was enough to indicate they were just taking the piss. 

They made them play all their home games away, the only other alternative was horsing them out of the league.

If anything, the LMC have been too lenient with Fort re their pitch for years. The punishment handed out at the start of this season could have been applied at any time in the past decade. Their pitch has always been a wreck but previous committees in days of yore always made an effort, or at least called games off on Friday. The current lot are a fucking gang. 

Fort have not had their problems to seek in recent years but this weeks bullshit is entirely of their own making.

I take it there’s still been no presentation from Fort as to what the untruths were. 

3 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Despite what some Fort William fans think, I know for a fact that the secretary has tried to give them every chance and engaged with them.

They seem to think Rods out to get them, why? He's finishing up this season, so why would he be interesting in sabotaging him when in two weeks it's no skin off his nose. If they were banding these claims about at start of his term maybe.

I'm not on here trying to white knight dad ala Amy Iorns style few years back. 

1 hour ago, luke bunch said:

"We were already to go for today’s match with pennants made for our first encounter with Banks o’Dee and everything.’

...apart from registering players on time and marking, cutting and rolling the pitch for the second leg, or expressing a willingness to do so.

The HL play-off rules are clear that playing someone who is not eligible with result in the club being ejected from the play-off, and they are also clear about the 31st January cut off to be eligible. Not sure what FW could appeal to the SFA about, given it seems there's no leeway for the HL to essentially break the eligibility rules for them (something which BOD would surely also appeal).

On 23/04/2022 at 12:11, welshbairn said:

Since Christmas there have been several games where Fort didn't field a single Scotsman, far less a Highlander. They thought that a bunch of North of England Sunday leaguers would show the Teuchters how football is meant to be played.

I watched the feature on the new manager on View From the Terrace and thought the squad looked. surprisingly cosmopolitan. How the hell did they get guys like that signed up? Were they chucking money around? They don’t seem to have been particularly wealthy. Surely a player would have to be basically full time to move up there (assuming that’s what happened)?  They can’t exactly have commuted! Was a sponsor giving guys jobs with his business or something? 

Edited by Junior_Arab

11 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

They made them play all their home games away, the only other alternative was horsing them out of the league.

That might have been the best option for all parties in hindsight , especially when it appears they made no effort to find an alternative venue to play their home games despite knowing their pitch was knackered for the best part of the close season. 

17 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Maybe the emergency goalie angle? Don't see how this goes anywhere though given they withdrew. 

If you want to sign an emergency goalkeeper usually you need to prove injury and that you have less than 2 goalkeepers available. If you have put yourself in a position that makes that less likely(for example registering players who can't play in the game you need an emergency for).

You can't play for months without an eligible goalkeeper for a particular fixture and then ask for an emergency,  nor can you claim a player who has moved away is medically unavailable.

If FW genuinely had a case they'd be making an argument for it, yet to see anything from them that has any reason behind it.

On 22/04/2022 at 19:49, welshbairn said:

The Secretary's retiring, I suspect he might be including his pet dog in this final job.

I've had a response from Bronson's spokesperson (not hfl secretary)

"Bronson would make an excellent goalkeeper, but would not sign for FW"

Def a league conspiracy underway here!

On 23/04/2022 at 11:11, Cyclizine said:

Boy's an absolute fruitloop, I particularly like this one:

He seems very upset

If there's brown envelopes in sweaty palms 😂😂

Wonder if this tube contributed anything other than keyboard nonsense to football in North of Scotland, however he wishes to describe it!!